Domain Manage

Tourism domain appraisal

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Oceanic, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceanic Sweden

Oceanic Active Member

Hi,

I very recently picked-up WestCountryAccommodation dot com

Obviously a .co.uk may have been better but as google allows me to chose the location of the site and its audience I hope this won't matter too much. I am toying with developing this one, but before I do it would be good to get peoples views on it.

Thanks again.

Steve

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

west country accommodation 36 local 58 global google exacts to me just not enough traffic to even think of developing ...

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

It's fine if you want to put a site on it, but as far as domain value goes, the problem with this domain is it's a bit on the long side, and accomodation is hard to spell. If you wanted a brandable name, shorter is better, e.g. I have Cottage Lets (needs further development).

If you wanted to sell on the domain it's either got to be highly brandable, where shorter is better, or it has to appeal to an affiliate, where high exact match traffic is better.

Good luck with it though, there are a few aff programmes available, see cottagelets.co.uk.

Rgds

5. kendalcottages

kendalcottages Active Member

From a search point of view, things like 'devon hotels' or 'cornwall cottages' will be much more common...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.