Domain Manage

Traffic halved PPC drops

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by Takwa, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

everyday since 10th Jan 08 my traffic stat dropped by half and earnings are nonexistent.

is it just me or is there is a tracking problem? anyone else is affected?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

I havent had this with Sedo (I don't use them) but I have had this on name drive, my traffic dropped to less than a 100 a week total now its moved back up to nearly 1000 a month. I think links die off in google / yahoo index builds and sites deindexed and it kills them. The stats offered by parking are useless for diagnosis, as you can't see the traffic origin to work out whats lost.

Maybe sedo will add an 'incoming traffic' section, I'd be tempted by that, ofcourse it would be a conflict but still its little things that sway a consumer :)

4. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

I think maybe it's because of google and yahoo restructuring as well, because it's sudden booms or busts

5. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

One of my niche sets (4 in the same niche) has been its CTR (mini sites) drop from 15% AVG to less than 1% with the recent google changes. I'm more inclined to say the same as you :)

6. Takwa United Kingdom

Takwa Well-Known Member

Thanks Shaun for getting the tech guy to look at it, but I think Skinner is right, high possibility it's because of Google reshuffling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.