Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transpact revisited

Reaction score
Does anyone use Transpact on a regular basis for domain name transfers?

I was going to offer it as standard for domain name sales because of the very low charges, but then didn't because of a few concerns.

For example, when setting up a transpact, I see you are asked for:

Conditions to be fulfilled for the payment to be made to the money Receiver or repaid to money Sender:

If you regularly use Transpact, what conditions do you set?

Last edited:
I don't use it, but surely for .UK names it would change of Fixed Name A to Fixed Name B = Success and If said name change isn't made within Y time frame, return ?

I've used them for a few big transactions. I didn't use legalese, just set out basic terms in plain english, e.g. the seller agrees to transfer the registration of domainname.co.uk at Nominet to buyer with [email protected].

There are a few transfer agreement templates freely available, mostly aimed at Americans but should do the job with a little editing http://www.domainsherpa.com/domain-name-purchase-sale-agreement/, or you could buy a UK template from http://uk.practicallaw.com/3-501-4514

Many thanks to you both.

PracticalLaw link looks like its a subscription site for legal professionals, otherwise would have been an excellent resource.

I have used transpact. They are very good, I don't know how they do it for the little they charge. Their patience with some setup niggles and their attention was excellent.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom