Domain Manage

tricks.co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by domainseller200, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

Interested to hear people's valuation on this one please :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Sraight away I am thinknig magic, ofcourse could be bike tricks and skateboard or similar.

Suprisingly low UK exacts of 1600

If you sold magic tricks through this domain then you wouldn't make a lot per sale as most tricks are cheap.

You could sell to a magician but how much would the pay ?

Nice domain but I am thinking maybe 2k

4. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

Difficult one to value, I think probably approaching mid £x,xxx but could be way off :)

Could be a fun one for you to develop as I think I remember reading one of your posts before that said you like magic. Selling the props for tricks is the obvious angle and probably high profit margins too if selling directly or dropshipping (not sure if being an affiliate would be worth it).

Equally though you could do a purely informational website for magic/bar tricks which don't need to be purchased and can be done with common items (either monetised through Adsense or sell an ebook as apparently people still buy those).

5. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

I like this, but agree it's definitely tricky to value tricks!

I reckon around £1500-£2000.

I'd go with the free tricks angle and monetise with ads, etc. :)

6. domainseller200 United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments eveyone. I have a few ideas what I am going to do with the name, and it isn't one I would look to sell for a certain price, as the name has personal value and interest to me. I really like the name (in my unbiased opinion) and if I did develop a website soley selling magic tricks on it, I think it would quite well

Matt - Yes that is 100% correct. I love magic and recently came back from the Blackpool Magic Convention which was awesome

"If you sold magic tricks through this domain then you wouldn't make a lot per sale as most tricks are cheap"

That isn't actually true - the cheap gimmicky tricks you see ARE cheap, but the REAL magic tricks and items can range from £40 well up to £4,000 for some items.

I think the majorty of people would be surprised how much of a following magic / tricks actually has - there were 3,500 magicians at the Blackpool 2011 magic convention for the 3 day event, which I personally found staggering.

This is definitely a name I am excited about though :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  7. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

Proper on stage tricks/props I imagine cost a lot, I seen a documentary once about magicians and know that one had saving up for her props.

If you know all about tricks and go to this convention then maybe you could put a site together with a blog and how to videos and a shop, get it established and sponsor this event.

All generics are best served by someone in that particular area ( suit you sir ! )

Good luck mate 8)

8. domainseller200 United Kingdom

Thanks again for your comments - sponsoring this event is not an option. It has been going 59 years now (60th year next year) and it is very official and not just done for commercial purposes. You can see this by how cheap the ticket prices actually are http://www.blackpoolmagic.com

There are over 100 trade stands there with people who own magic shops all over the UK and also magicians who have invented their own tricks also. I would be a small fish in a large pond to be honest.

One thing I think is great though, is seeing someone else combine the two together - http://www.magictricks.co.uk what a domain name and a website ! Their trade stand looked amazing at the event, and when I saw the big banners with 'magictricks.co.uk' plastered all over them, I was smiling to myself :)

9. Jarrod United Kingdom

Jarrod Active Member

I considered buying this domain myself a few years back along with fights.co.uk. I think it's a great domain, but you'll need to put a fair bit of money behind it to reap the benefits.

I've got a good idea of what you probably paid for it, but never-less, I'd say it's definitely a £xx,xxx domain to the right end-user.

On a seperate note, I have cardtricks.co.uk if you're interest?

10. domainseller200 United Kingdom

Thanks Jarrod :)

PM sent about cardtricks.co.uk - we have spoken in the past about it :)

11. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Blackpool eh, why didnt you say hello? Old franky baby..

Did you visit the swinger clubs?

12. domainseller200 United Kingdom

Damn ! Didn't realise you lived so close ! You could have taken me for a spin in that infamous XR2i of yours, and we could have cruised the promenade and impressed the local 'talent' with your burnouts and your loud stereo :( maybe next time eh ?

I attempted to visit numerous swinger clubs, but had no luck as there was nobody there. When I asked one of the locals, they said that most of the people had taken to prostitution (which was apparent by the people we saw wandering the streets) as it was out of season in Blackpool, and they needed something to supplement their dole as times were hard.

It was pretty grim up north if the truth be told

13. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Love the reply frank! :D

14. gregfindley

gregfindley Active Member

Been watching Gavin & Stacey? :D

Back to Tricks.co.uk, see two sides to a potential site, one being the more obvious commercial side of selling props, the other being a community/viral side, so along the lines of people sharing tricks, mind tricks, videos, lots of potential link bait style content on this side I would think? Even for those who wouldn't be interested in buying stuff, with the popularity of Derren Brown, etc. would think there would be interest in the content + sharing it with friends via Twitter/Facebook.

15. kontakt

kontakt Member

16. DomainManagement

DomainManagement Active Member

Nice one i can see upsell allready

Access to the secret circle

Hope your keeping well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.