Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Trouble Indexing a New Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a reasonable new site I launched a month ago, http://www.graduates.co.uk

I've uploaded 80+ pages but it's still not indexed. I also submitted to GWT and fetch GoogleBot and submitted to index a week ago and still nothing has happened.

There are no crawl errors reported although the crawl stats do look pretty low.

The only thing I can think of is that when I first launched the site the coder de-indexed it whilst editing the theme, however I removed this weeks ago before submitting to GWT so I'm not sure that would still be the problem.

At what point should I just file a re-inclusion request? I don't think the domain has had a site on it before and it has no backlink history. Maybe I should also just build a few links to get it off the ground?

I'm pretty sure this happened to me before with a site a year ago where it took weeks to get indexed. I'm also submitting a sitemap now.

thanks,

adam

Is the site text-linked from a currently indexed site? If it is then the googlebot should crawl it.

If you've stopped it being indexed by the search engines using WordPress settings then it can delay it from being crawled for a long time for some reason (even if you switched it back ages ago). I had the same problem with a site. Just build a few links to it and wait - all you can do really. I filed a reinclusion request with Google but they took so long to reply my site had finally been indexed by then anyway. Visiting it in Chrome a few times might help as well.

If you've stopped it being indexed by the search engines using WordPress settings then it can delay it from being crawled for a long time for some reason (even if you switched it back ages ago). I had the same problem with a site. Just build a few links to it and wait - all you can do really. I filed a reinclusion request with Google but they took so long to reply my site had finally been indexed by then anyway. Visiting it in Chrome a few times might help as well.

Yes I did this.

Thanks for the tip.

ps. for everyone - NEVER TOUCH THE WORDPRESS PRIVACY SETTINGS

Takes ages for Google to love it again.

I also had similar issues with a wordpress site because of this setting to disallow search engines. In fact in a certain release of wordpress this was the default setting!!

Like the others have said, build some links to the site and it will soon get indexed. Try get links from sites that are updated often.

I can also see the site has history according to wayback machine.

It might be that a previous owner hosted content which went against the Webmaster Guidelines. If you suspect that this might be the case, I'd recommend submitting a reconsideration request detailing the change in ownership.

I had an issue with a Wordpress site when the menu software - which claimed to be seo friendly!! - was using some form of javascript for the menu options. Therefore there were no internal links to the back pages and they didn't get indexed. I corrected this by putting non-menu software footer menu options.

The other way of getting a website indexed, which you probably know, is to create backlinks to it. I've always believed that to be more effective than simply submitting it to the search engines.

Thanks for the info. I actually fixed the issue, turns out there was a manual spam action on the domain which has now been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom