Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Trying to sell me a domain I already own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good day to you,

My name is John Kipley and my company is brokering the sale of the domain name surreyadverts.com that will be released for sale in the next few days.
We saw that you have a similar website and that you may be interested in acquiring this domain for your business needs.
By leaving an offer for this domain you can secure all its future type in traffic for yourself, just fill out the form in the link below:

http://nameticket.info/acquire/A1zER/JgrLZdppZq

No new hosting or website is needed because surreyadverts.com can be redirected to your existing website for free.
You would get a one year registration with the domain and this would be a one time payment to our company with no hidden fees.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

How can I combat this? (I own this domain already)

They even have a sales page for it.

Admin

How can I combat this? (I own this domain already)

They even have a sales page for it.

Admin

Get a few people to offer them big bucks and get them excited enough to buy it from you ;)

Record last updated on 18-Aug-2011.
Record expires on 15-Aug-2011.
Record created on 15-Aug-2010.

Its a normal expiry thing, people line up buyers, dropcatch name and flog.

To combat it, renew your domain :)

Yep, had one or two I'm actually surprised there isn't more of this type of attempted "brokerage" out there. The domains offered usually either match at keyword that you have a heavy presence in or more likely you also hold the .co.uk or other extension - probably the same for your contact Admin

Get a few people to offer them big bucks and get them excited enough to buy it from you ;)

They only go after the "pending deletion" domains - and then work out if a capture is a good $7 punt

PS - I view their contact as a damn right insult - "so I've got a domain that you don;t think is going to attract the big boys - type of thing"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom