Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

TVs.me.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Name Offers Invited' started by boxerdog, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxerdog

boxerdog Well-Known Member

offers starting at just £150

TVs.me.uk

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member

£150 from me

£150

Doug

4. boxerdog

i will leave this up for a few more days to see if any more offers come in.
    in the mean time i will put a bin of £300 which is a fair price i think for a product that will give you your money back with just a few sales.

5. boxerdog

anyone want to go any higher before i pull it, im happy to keep it but im happy to sell at a good price

6. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

If you offer it at offers from £150

And someone offers £150

Doesn't that mean you're kind of committed to selling it if no-one out bids the £150? If I'd bid in this thread over the starting price I'd be a bit miffed if you turned around and said "hard luck lads, I'm keeping it".

Just a thought.

7. boxerdog

offers from = start the offers coming in at no lower than £150 it doesnt mean i will sell it for that.
    no one can out bid as its not an auction

8. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

Cool, good to know for the future. I guess everyone has their own take on it.

9. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

I'm sorry but if someone offers £150 and no one else bids, surely your integrity must let it go at £150

Some posts in this section seem to be for vanity only, or so complex its like trying to guess if its dusty bin or not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Shouldn't comment on a sales topic, but as it's late and not bumping it past any other topics, I'm, with Wayne on this, as in what he said:

That's exactly as I see it as well, any offer made is simply that, an offer, if no further offers are made, and if the original offer made doesn't meet my price expectation, then it doesn't sell, simples.

11. uknown United Kingdom

uknown Active Member

Surely 'starting at just' sounds like it's available from at least £150?

Otherwise why not post every domain offer thread as 'offers starting at just £1' ?

12. alex

alex Active Member

I agree with boxerdog on this one, but appreciate the confusion.

From my (basic) understanding of contract law, inviting offers does not result in contract unless the seller accepts the offer. If this were an auction then the highest bidder would be entitled to the domain, but this thread is offers invited and there is no indication that this is an auction.

Even if the domain was put up at a fixed price, for example 'domain.co.uk - £50' then this is an invitation to treat. If a buyer offered £50 then the seller would be under no obligation to sell. That said if the post stated 'domain.co.uk £50 - post sold to claim', then the contract would be binding if the buyer posted 'sold'.

I can understand the confusion here, but placing a minimum offer amount stops lots of low offers coming in. However, maybe for the future use guides such as Low £xxx, or Mid-Low £xxx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.