Domain Manage

two word domain names & ov etc

Discussion in 'Domain Traffic / Keyword Research' started by Mendis, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mendis

Mendis Member

I wonder if anyone could enlighten me on this.
    When researching domain names with 2 words in them like 'microsoftwindows', once you have done ov & google on the single phrase should you split the phrase into 'microsoft windows' to see what the ov & google results would be or would this have no baring on deciding a domains worth?

microsoftwindows ov gets 498 as one word or 52,000 if entered as 2 words.
    in google returns 147,000 as microsoftwindows but over a billion if entered as microsoft windows. would the higher numbers make it more desirable?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. charlie

charlie Well-Known Member

you should try
    "microsoft windows" - with the quotes (gives you a better idea for the phrase)

the higher numbers are only a small factor and in some cases could be detremental as it would make this site harder to find - with stiff competition from similar sites

if it was all as basic as numbers then once the formula was set we'd all be millionaires

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  4. Mendis

Mendis Member

Thanks for the advice. I get what you mean about there being no easy answers, thats life eh? DeathAndTaxes.co.uk available;)

5. forcefulone

forcefulone Member

Overture WITH extension, usedclothes vs usedcloths.com for example, is the most trustworthy indicator for type in traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.