Domain Manage

.UK Announced

Discussion in '.UK Domain Name Consultations' started by Marcoose, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Marcoose Netherlands

Marcoose Well-Known Member

Posted in error. No need to worry....yet!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

Easily misread those Nominet emails.. ;)

4. redbird United Kingdom

redbird Well-Known Member

Yes, I misread it too !

5. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Got me too! Have to say, that email really pushes .co.uk as the only .uk choice. Doesn't come across as a company about to introduce a new extension?

6. martin-s United Kingdom

martin-s Well-Known Member

http://www.nominet.org.uk/news/latest/consultation-new-uk-domain-name-service

Consultation on new .uk domain name service

01 October 2012
    Nominet is launching a consultation on the potential introduction of a new service, which if approved would signal a significant change for the .uk domain name space.

The proposed new service, called direct.uk, is aimed at businesses and would potentially offer shorter domain names registered at the second level (i.e. www.yourbusiness.uk) as well as one of the most comprehensive package of security features available.

We are now seeking views from all stakeholders on the potential introduction of this proposed new service, which would be made available alongside the existing .uk portfolio. Nominet's Director of Operations Eleanor Bradley explains more in this video.

You can view the proposals and respond to the consultation either by completing an online form at www.nominet.org.uk/go/directuk by downloading the consultation and emailing your comments to direct@nominet.org.uk, or by requesting a hard copy of the consultation from direct@nominet.org.uk.

All feedback needs to reach us by Monday 7 January 2013.

7. stevebrowne

stevebrowne Active Member

mine timed out on the upload at the end.

8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

9. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I have just spent 90 minutes providing detailed feedback to every single question that gave the option of a response. If you have an opinion on the matter I'd advise you to do likewise, and to take the time to structure a measured, logical argument (no matter what case or point of view you're trying to put across) as this data will be collated and your responses could be excerpted in the public record.

I will not be drawn on what I wrote, because I believe the very last thing we need is for there to be any perception of "survey knobbling" i.e. for a bunch of similar responses to be received from one particular cohort (domainers) thereby tainting the perceived validity of all responses. But it shouldn't take much imagination to guess what I wrote, if you've followed any of the discussions over the years!

Indeed, I'd strongly urge that nobody discuss specifics too closely to avoid accidentally creating this "ganging up" impression and thereby weakening all our voices...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  10. Ashton United Kingdom

Ashton Well-Known Member

11. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I'm not quite clear on that point Edwin

It's going to be discussed on here at Acorn , Thats unavoidable.