Domain Manage

UK-based equivalent of Printful

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by TallBloke, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallBloke

TallBloke Active Member

I've come across theprintful.com which looks good for printing and fulfilment of t-shirts, posters etc.

Shipping fees from USA for UK deliveries is expensive, plus there could be customs duty to add on top.

So, I wonder is there a UK (or EU) based equivalent service that you can recommend?

Cheers

John

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

Sorry, wrong thread!

4. MikeJDS

MikeJDS Retired Member

If you find anything close John I'd be very interested to know.
    I have also recently been looking for something similar in this area.

A few services I bookmarked for closer look.
    Not sure if any help?
    But here you go....

inkthreadable
    alloverprint.it
    kite.ly

5. TallBloke

TallBloke Active Member

Thanks Mike.

I'll also take a look at those you mention. Kite.ly looks interesting. There's one called Merchify but that's also USA based.

In the UK I've stumbled upon teemill.co.uk which a few charities, popular twitter accounts and even the Chuckle Brothers use. But not sure if it's live and available for everyone to use. Other thing is it doesn't support using your own domain.

This blog post is worth a read: http://uxtees.co.uk/blogs/news as it explains how he used shopify and printful.

I guess you could just setup a t shirt shop and target USA only but I don't know how you'd handle product returns being in the UK?

I had a look at zazzle yesterday which looks alright but wouldn't let you build a brand/collect email addresses/etc. On the flip slide a user could be browsing someone else's zazzle store and then land on yours.

6. MikeJDS

MikeJDS Retired Member

If you were just targeting the USA I don't think it would be a problem as they would handle the returns by having them sent to their address over there.
    But might seem odd to customers having to contact you in the UK to verify the return.

This is also worth noting...
    "We do not refund orders for buyer’s remorse, and size exchanges are to be offered at your expense and discretion. A new order, at your expense, would need to be placed for an updated size if you choose to accept or offer size exchanges to your end customers."

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.