Domain Manage

UK Domain Name Database

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by web3, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. web3

web3 Member

Hi Guys,

I had a search on the forum and couldn't find anything up to date.

I am looking for a free or very moderately priced database of registered domain names for a website project I am trying to expand.

.UK domain names would be great and is what I am primarily looking for, but international domain names could be useful also.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Also, I can't believe how long I have had this account without ever posting. I am terrible.

Cheers
    Colin

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

No such thing

Nominet will allow you to do a limited number of searches per day / week as a subscriber to create your own.

Some may have made their own over time but there isn't a complete list out there

4. web3

web3 Member

Thanks @khalid

I should have been more clear... It doesn't have to be an 100% exact/up to date list in terms of which domains are actually registered, I am basically just trying to populate a web tool - so some errors / expired doms etc is fine.

As of today, I have found someone with a database of 2 million .UK doms, for sale @ £50, which is fairly promising. More than I wanted to pay (stingy I know) but will be a decent last resort.

5. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

There are several old databases knocking about with 4-5 million UK domains in, just search for UK zone file and I'm sure you will find one.

6. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Be aware that these "databases" and "zone files" ONLY have the domain name in them, you have to obtain the expiry, registration and tag etc yourself. They literally just look like

domain.co.uk
    domain2.co.uk
    domain3.co.uk
    domain4.co.uk

nothing else. They are generally ordered alphabetically. Even with a DAC sub, it will take you about 7 to run the list for .co.uk, then 7 days for .uk, 7 days for .org.uk and the same for .me.uk, you'll need some kinda script and database to run this job for you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.