Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.UK Expiring domains implementation review

For those not on that forum, what's it about?

Thanks for posting the PDF, cheers.

The UKRAC is discussing this on Friday (tomorrow)
Do send your thoughts directly to the UKRAC group or on the forum

Nominet are happy and were quite clear after the last fine-tooth-comb checking that they considered the matter closed. I don't think they want to put a hundred tagholders out of business for the whining of a couple who can't grasp there's actually real people and businesses on the end of the tags using a service. Over 60,000 domains caught with hosted chasing now for hundreds of tag holders and thousands of domains sold at ukbackorder to the public....and a couple of people cry that those domains should be sitting in their portfolio just for them to ask silly prices. But I'll get my popcorn again and don my armour I suppose. :)

Last edited:
So @webber and @super-whois does anyone other than yourself use your drop catching platforms?
As e member of UKRAC I had to declare these interests. Would it help to have increased transparency as a condition to partake in dropcatching?

if you have proof send it through and we'll deal with it.
It's virtually impossible for members to gather any proof, the system is entirely opaque and only Nominet can see the full picture.

There's nobody moans more than you when you aren't winning, you're just getting a taste of your own medicine here.

Please consider this as a Warning.

We are not here to insult anyone. Thank you.

==

@Admin could you please keep an eye on this? Thank you.

Maybe rather than stick an emoticon as a reply, show some humility and take your time to understand the characters and the politics of this place. I was member number 4 of AD, I've seen them all come and go , I've watched people go from nothing to millionaires, I've sadly experienced members die. I know the characters and there's a good few who know me.

Good afternoon,

As the proud owner of Acorn, though not the administrator, I can address your behavior. Though, it would be more appropriate for @Admin, whose responsibility is to maintain a friendly and professional atmosphere on this forum, to handle this matter. He may choose to impose a temporary ban if necessary.

I personally find it unnecessary to provide lessons on basic norms and ethics of civilized and intelligent human interactions to anyone.

Be well,
Helmuts

Can I be nosy and ask how much was paid for this forum?

If it was more than £500 I think other helmet seen you coming.

Guys, the rules are very simple: do not offend other users. Not a rocket science :)

Acorn is to stay a friendly and professional place for anybody to do domain business.

Best wishes all!
Helmuts

.. I'm off back to my daily tasks organizing the Summit for all of us.

this..

Some registrars have more than one tag held within their account, so we reviewed the data in relation to the number of unique accounts and saw an increase in those catching.

Members that have convinced Nominet they need extra tags for the use of catching have an advantage.

Please consider this as a Warning.

We are not here to insult anyone. Thank you.

==

@Admin could you please keep an eye on this? Thank you.

ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

I ask this from a place of reasoning, but - are you autistic @Helmuts ? You sort of misconstrued what was said there, between two members of this industry that probably far outweigh your experience here. A level of respect is due, from you, the new owner of this long established forum, to members who have spent years here providing your forum with content and discussions. I joined in 2018, and I would consider myself new. Again, I say this from a place of reasoning, because you seem to think AD is a money grab for you, placing ads all over the place, littering every thread, etc. but no sign of any respect for the people who providing all your UGC that you now make ad revenue on? Perhaps leave the "admin" to whoever is doing that, because you don't seem to have a clue what you're doing.

Have a great day!

Thank you for your thoughts. I warned him, he decided to cross the lines with me and the story ends.

No offense, Ben! I know you wish the best.

Nobody wants a toxic forum. Also, this was #1 request when I had the honor to take this role.

Have a great weekend guys!!

off to work on the Summit.. have lost count on people have talked to over all the platforms :)

Best of domain business to all!!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom