Domain Manage

UK WHOIS opt-out during domain registration?

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by ChrisMM, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisMM United Kingdom

ChrisMM Active Member

Just wondered if it's possible to register .co.uk domains and have the whois info opt-out by default during the registration process?

Rather than having to log in to nominet and change the setting after the registration has been successful - just wondered if any registrar provides the ability to have the privacy in place when submitted so at no point is the address made publicly available?

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. bulkcorn United Kingdom

bulkcorn Active Member

This is possible with my Daily.co.uk regs! I have had the account with them for quite some time though. I don't know if it will be different with new accounts.

4. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. My understanding is that opt-out is based on whether or not the registrant type is Individual. Therefore, registering as Individual should not publicise the details. However, by their very actions, anyone who is reasonably active on here is in practice, say, a Sole Trader rather than an Individual That means they would therefore not be entitled to opt out regardless, whether at registration or later.

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

WHOIS address opt out is available to IND registrants that aren't trading with their domain names. Apparently trading DOES include parking domain names. Perhaps NWS at Nominet could clarify. IND registrants don't have to "opt out" but some might want to and a Registrar that allows "opt out" to be selected at the time of registration might be desired by some.

6. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

Sorry, I should have added 'necessarily' : I think it is only Individuals who have the option to out out if appropriate and they so desire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.