Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Unlimited webhosting - £7.99/month

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by nparkin0, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimm United Kingdom

jimm Active Member

+1

I have no problem with competition and will go out of my way to help people, even competitors but trying to pedal crap to unsuspecting clients is not on.

[edit]
    if you believe the marketing guff then maybe this industry isnt for you. If you know that its a load of rubbish, why sell and defend it?
    [/edit]

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. nparkin0

nparkin0 Active Member

Considering the response this thread has got, one which I totally did not expect, please consider this offer closed.

It is plain to see that people are not happy with what I have offered. I assumed that £7.99 was a decent price for 'unlimited' hosting per month - which I then reduced to £5 for Acorn members. As with the laws governing competition in the EU market there will always be places offering things for cheaper and the beauty of a free market within the EU means that customers are free to choose who they want to do business with at leisure.

I offered unlimited because that is precisely what I was offered too. I would not have falsely claimed to offer the same if I did not believe that is what I could have offered to potential customers who took up the offer with me.

Regarding the various badges and claims on unlimitedwebhosting about who they host I have absolutely no idea about that. I personally believed it, perhaps I was being naive, who knows. Also, again I cannot comment on the address of theirs.

I am sorry for the confusion/anger caused, albeit, I feel, ever so slightly blown out of proportion. I know you are all very respectable people and have looked up to the expertise demonstrated on here over the past few years since i've been a member - but in future I will remember to try and drum up business elsewhere.

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Every few weeks, it seems, somebody tries to flog too-good-to-be-true hosting on Acorn, and - surprise, surprise - always gets called on it, as sure as night follows day. And every time I see it I assume "The original poster MUST think we're idiots on here" as there can't be any other explanation for their actions.

Absolutely spot on, and advice worth taking away and mulling over with a cooler head, I suspect.

5. nparkin0

nparkin0 Active Member

For the record, I, in no way shape or form, think that anyone is an idiot/stupid/naive on this forum. I have always seen this forum, out of all the domain related forums I am a member, as being the most respectable and trustworthy. I have looked up to the expertise people show here and have learnt a lot from being here and reading everything that has been written.

It disheartens me a great deal when people are so quick to tear things apart and attempt to mock/ridicule what the poster has said or offered. This obviously applies not just here, but everywhere. I am sure many people would appreciate a quiet word (PM) from more experienced members perhaps pointing out that what they thought was a decent and fair offer in the circumstances is in fact not, and could do with some adjustment maybe.

This is of course my own opinion and I am sure others will differ.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rob

rob Founding Member

My mind is still stuck on the raised inner ring road of puzzlement on the above....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.