Domain Manage

UseByDate

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by billyrichards, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyrichards

billyrichards Active Member

.co.uk
    I regged this recently with a view to developing it into an info-site. I was quite surprised it was free to be honest!

The idea I've got is quite specific and it's the only one my mind is willing/able to see at the moment. I'd really appreciate any additional creative thoughts so I can see this from another angle or two.

Several thankings,
    Billy

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Who are you talking to ? (in a domain)

Thats the start point (So) "usebydate" dosen't go anywhere (outside of frequency)

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have registered "useby.com" either

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

They are changing the way food is sold in the UK in the next year, they are ceasing to use "best before" dates and moving to "use by dates".

There will be lots of confusion as to when your product is at it's best and not just when it is safe to use.

Has legs IMO,

5. billyrichards

I long for the day I see your optimistic side...... My own inherent pessimism thinks it may be some time though!

I genuinely welcome all feedback to questions I post but I've got to ask, what relevance does your reply have to my original post in terms of creative develpoment?

6. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

Billy

Another thing is the use of the phrases "sell by date" and "best before".
    A stretch would be to use it as an info site on how long things last for before they go off.

This reminds me a bit of one of my domains, closingdate/co/uk

My idea with this was a place for people to submit competitions and giveaways which would be shown on the homepage in order of closing date (maybe a stretch or maybe something that's brandable).

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

You could develop a tool where people could enter the content of their fridge and cupboard and have it remind them when things they've bought are coming up to their use by dates...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

No problem - I just missed the "positive comments Only" guidelines that you seem to need.

I try to respond (in appraisals) to those I think are on the Right-track, but maybe could be helped by a liitle focus, - I hate to waste my time as a rule

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I do know and understand the implications of those changes. However, the general public will not have a clue about 'implimentation' and those that do (Suppliers) are into a small "setting/print" change - Nothing more.

It is not a salespoint - Not aven a talking one (apart from the BBC making it an article on a "No-News Day"

10. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

We know that would be a " Scanning Facility" - Not a data input one .

'Totally' Auto processes as a new domain 'opportunity' = Nope

11. billyrichards

No "positive comments only" policy from me so not quite sure where you've deduced that from.

All I wanted to know is what relevance your 1st reply had to what I have asked. I am still waiting for and would welcome such clarity. My understanding is that you are primarily (or exclusively) a domain name investor as opposed to a developer. While your opinions on this investment as a name are both welcome and understood, I struggle to see how that translates or applies to my idea(s) of building a site.

As long as you have the time, keep commenting. I have much to learn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.