Domain Manage

Valueing A Domain...

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by shane8960, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane8960

    shane8960 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2010
    Posts:
    207
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all (again),

    I have a domain name which I was offered £200 for from a fellow domainer which I refused thinking the domain was worth a bit more.

    Today however I have been approached by an end user wanting to buy the domain! I have a figure in my mind which I would like for the domain, however after being offered £200 from a domainer I kind of think it could be worth more to an end user...

    I know without revealing the domain Its not going to be possibly to get accurate estimates, but roughly what sort of multiplier would you guys use to get from a reseller value to an end user value?

    Cheers, Shane
     
  2. Domain Forum

    Acorn Domains Elite Member

    Joined:
    1999
    Messages:
    Many
    Likes Received:
    Lots
     
  3. grantw United Kingdom

    grantw Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    4,649
    Likes Received:
    82
    Like you said, it's impossible to answer. The £200 offer may be the best offer you ever get on it. If you know what you want for it go back with that price.

    Grant
     
  4. seanc United Kingdom

    seanc Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    1,202
    Likes Received:
    6
    you can sit and wait forever for the figure you have in mind... it may or it may not come.

    i recently sold a top keyword/brandable/name for below my expected price, but the offer came at the right time (i lost my job) so i took it (after taking advice from fellow domainers),

    it was the right decision at the time.
     
  5. shane8960

    shane8960 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2010
    Posts:
    207
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've decided to take the original figure I had in mind rather than trying to push it.

    Thanks for the advice guys...
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page