Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Very New, any advice please :)

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by rtr86, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtr86

rtr86 Member

Hi all,

I am very new to registering domains and have recently purchased a few from 123reg and listed on sedo just to help give me an idea of the process.

I did the 'park domain' option by selecting 'change nameserver' in 123reg on the domain and entering an adress sedo gave me which seems to have worked as the url now displays a 'domain for sell' page.

Am right in saying the most common way of buying/selling a domain is to list mainly on sedo and then advertise it wherever possible, like on this forum? is that allowed?

Is 123reg a good choice for registering domains? it seems like you can add an unlimited amount of domains so kind of like building up a portfolio?

Is there any adivce I should follow concerning the security of my sites for sell?

edit:Any other help you can give is appriciated especially any pointers on this auction i just put up:

https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=mysetup.co.uk&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Bonjour,

You need to either change the name servers or url to point at sedo.

Name servers:

Primary: ns1.sedoparking.com
    Secondry: ns2.sedoparking.com

That will then point your page to Sedo. You then need to make sure you add the domain name to your sedo account in your sedo control panel. Sounds like you have done fine so far!

Alot of people park on sedo and advertise the domain on forums such as these. The only problem with sedo is they charge for domain sales and you cant really communicate with the potential buyer...

When you sell UK domains you need to go through Nominet for the transfer. Alot of people new to domains dont understand this and simply try and push the domains to peoples accounts without filling in the relevent paperwork.

All the details are here including the forms to download when you make a sale:

http://http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/transfer/

Hope some of that helps.

Mat

4. rtr86

rtr86 Member

That has helped thanks Mat:

When you get a min, could you have a look at this to see if it looks OK and give any pointers on what I should add (if anything). I doubt i'll get any bids/interest on the auction but I listed is as i wanted to know the process
    of how it works :)

https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=mysetup.co.uk&tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

I did read about transferring .co.uk addresses is different, will look more into that :)

Also, if i did make a sell on sedo, how would the buyer pay (through sedo?). You said there is no contact buyer-seller, is it all done through sedo?

Kind regards,

5. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Go to:

>My Sedo
    >Domain Parking
    >Optimizer

You can then change the link page keyword, Look of the page, and add a picture (Loads to pick from)

Also in:

>My Sedo
    >Domain Management

Change the currency from USD -> GBP as you are selling to a uk market!

You can also play around with buy it now prices and minimum offer.

Mat

6. mat

mat Well-Known Member

As for selling on sedo,

they will contact the seller for payment, hold the payment at sedo and then once domain is with the new owner (you get their details sent to you for the forms) they will release the funds to you.

You will have a someone from Sedo emailing you about it all.

Mat

7. rtr86

rtr86 Member

Huge thanks mat, much appreciated.

Do you know how to select the buying format i.e how would I go about selecting the listing as 'best offers'?

• Like Like x 1
  8. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

Just so you are clear, this is not up for auction but for sale :)

Sedo auctions are available to you when a domain you have listed has an offer on it, then you can opt to put it to auction ( unless ofcourse you have such a great name that SEDO will bite your arm off to auction it....)

Howie

><(((0>

9. rtr86

rtr86 Member

I see, thanks Fish!

So if I did have an offer and opt for an auction the 'starter price' would be whatever the offer was?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.