Domain Manage

veterinarians.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by ImageAuthors, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ImageAuthors United States

ImageAuthors Active Member

Just the .UK on this one:

Veterinarians

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Sorry but I think low value. There's no really profitable business model it can be used for, and it is really hard to spell.

4. ImageAuthors United States

Anybody who owns a sick pet had better learn to spell "veterinarians". Otherwise, say goodbye to Fido!

Pretty sure veterinarians charge money. Their business model is plenty profitable. Here in the states, I know veterinarians who fly between practices in different cities in a private jet!

Worldwide, there are 246,000 exact monthly searches for [veterinarian] in Google. And the suggested CPC bid is $2.96 - $3.30 with medium competition for the plural.

So, respectfully, I disagree. The domain is definitely worth something. The only question is how much.

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I know people in the US like to call them veterinarians, but in the UK they're simply called vet or vets. If I called for a vet in the US I'd probably get some old solider at my door :)

When setting the Google keyword tool to show only UK results, which is what really counts, there are only 170 exacts for veterinarian, and it's a low competition term, so I wouldn't be valuing it based on 246K searches.

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

No problem, you can disagree. As someone has said though, the term used here in the UK is vets.

Even then, any domain purchase has to be driven by a business advantage. An individual vet would get no advantage owning this name. There is not a lot of mileage in creating a directory listings site type either.

So, feel to explain what you think it's worth and why.

7. ImageAuthors United States

@Systreg,

If Brits say "vets", then that's relevant. That's the sort of info I put the domain in the appraisal section in order to get.

Of course, I wouldn't value a ccTLD based on global traffic. Just wanted to show the other extreme viewpoint for the sake of contrast.