Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Vidahost > Tsohost

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just had this email from Vidahost, should i be worried lol

Hi Steven,

As you may know, Vidahost is part of a much larger group, which runs numerous hosting brands throughout the world. We have run these side by side for many years, and have now made the decision to merge Vidahost into another of our brands - Tsohost. This merge helps us guarantee ongoing improvments to the tools, service and customer support you receive.

Renowned for high performance hosting and 24x7 hands on customer support, Tsohost is one of the UK’s fastest growing hosting companies. The team that supports your systems will remain identical, and there will be no change to your hosting packages, prices or logins.

On Sunday 13th May 2018 at 23:00 until 6:00 on Monday 14th May 2018 your my.vidahost client account will be inaccessible whilst we transfer your account to your new Tsohost client account. Your hosting service will not experience any downtime during this period.

Once the merge is complete you’ll receive an email with information on how to access your new Tsohost client account, how to contact the Tsohost support team and the new products and tools available to you.

TSOhost and Vidahost were both owned and run by Seb/Dom/Paragon Internet

They were sold to HEG in November 2015

Seems HEG are just combining them into the one brand now.

In my experience I find that its normally a bad thing when smaller companies get bought up by bigger ones.
I know that many users that where using Paragon before the buy out found it a great company.. and not so much afterwards...

The company I use right now.. Even their first line support guys are system admin tech heads that have handled everything I have chucked at them. I prey they never sell up..

Last edited:
I got the same email from evohost, once my renewal comes up, I'll be jumping :/

Vidahost and TSOhost are the same company - I don't see the rebadging as any reason to jump.

The fact they've been bought out by HEG and service has fallen through the floor, that's probably a better one :)

The service has been strangled, timeouts used to be 300 seconds, now its more like 30 seconds, burstable rams been cut, everything been restricted which wasn't explicit in the sign up process.

I can only see this getting worse once they are all compacted into fewer overcrowded servers (maybe not what will happen) so jumping before a window is put on it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom