Domain Manage

visionist TM

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by grandin, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandin United Kingdom

grandin Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested I will explain a recent Trade Mark Application.

Applicant (me) applies for Patent Offices Search and Advice Service in the mark Visionist

Patent Office recommends that I proceed to Trade Mark Application

Application submitted and Trade Mark Examiner recommends the mark for advertisement in classes 3, 8, 9, 11, 14, 20 21, 25

Opposition recieved

Hearing Officer gives prelimary indication....class 3 should be removed

Applicant (me) decides to delete class 3

Opposition feels the deletion meets the opposition

Final TBA

My recommendation:- Do not trade without a Trade Mark because it is very hard to accurate assess Trade Mark Infringement

Lee

Property investment with buy to let mortgages provides good rental income for landlords and their properties. Buy to let is a very good uk investment that relies on rental income covering the mortgage payments. Rental yields have made the investment very popular. Investors from the UK have enjoyed very good returns on buy to let properties. Landlords letting property should also consider LettingAgent.com - Rental property, Letting Agent, Mortgages, Landlords, Tenants.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

4. grandin United Kingdom

good question

Good question...

Depends on the number of classes applied for....so if you want to protect your right ie. 'to derive the benefit of its use'...bearing in mind that you may wish to inter link your websites with other websites then the number of classes could be significant...if you mutiply the number of classes by the number of domain names then it would cost alot....probably cost me a couple of million to protect my trading rights.

To simplify things....

Apply to the Patent Office for the Search and Advice service is easy....for say half a dozen classess will be about £100

To apply for a TM will cost a further £300 ish....again depending on classess applied for..

The crux comes if the mark is opposed...if you lose the Patent Office can award costs which you have to pay.

Lee

5. Ellis United Kingdom

Ellis Active Member

Lee

Are you doing this yourself or have you employed a lawyer to do it?

6. grandin United Kingdom

TM Applications

Hi, I have applied several times....the experts in this field are Trade Mark Attorneys but they charge so I don't use them. I have been told several times to talk to a Trade Mark Attorney and/or gain legal advice BUT for the average layman who buys a domain name the option is not financially viable.

A new system needs to be developed so that Trade Protection can be obtained across all trading platforms…ie. You specify a use (classes) when you renew/register a domain name which is then cross checked against the trade mark register for any conflicts AND not allow a trade mark if a domain name right already exists where the TM applicant requests online protection.

Lee

7. russ

russ Active Member

£200 which includes one class, and £50 for each additional class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.