Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Reaction score
I have been a Nominet Member for over 15 years, and a domain registrant for a little while longer.

We all have 1 thing in common. We care about Nominet. For many we rely upon Nominet.

While many of you will know me from my current and previous roles within the domain monetisation industry, I am putting myself forward in a personal capacity for consideration for the UKRAC position in the secondary market segment.

My motivations for applying for this position are not selfish; rather it is my sincere wish to represent you, the membership, and ensure that everyone’s comments, suggestions and concerns are heard no matter the number of domains you own or manage.

I want to ensure that the highest standards of membership are adhered to and push for greater repercussions for those that choose not to follow the rules, for example TAG collusion.

I wish to ensure that any proposed changes in the way expired pending delete domains are released and domains transferred, are not open to abuse, thoroughly consulted upon and transparent.

Ultimately, I want to listen to you the membership, and I want to understand how we, the members can create a more inclusive Nominet and how we could use surplus funds to better promote the UK namespace. Improving registrations and sales for everyone.

I care about you and your business’ I understand changes to the way domains are caught impact you. I understand the importance of promotions and how costs to register or renew domains, impact you.

I understand the importance for Nominet to continue to treat all members equally and never favour those with the biggest purse strings.

In the past many people have contacted me, asking me to vote for them, promising me change, never to hear from them again.

This is NOT me. I promise you here and now, my door will always be open for you and I will represent you to the best of my ability.

Thank you for your consideration.
James

Voting is now open! (email subject 'Nominet UK - UKRAC Elections 2022' sent 16/05/22 from CES).

Thank you to my nominators Graeme Wingate and @hal (Hans Lempka)

Thankyou everyone for your votes so far and entrusting me to be YOUR voice at the table. Your trust in me to be YOUR spokesperson, will never be forgotten.

James makes me so much money through Bodis Parking it would be rude not to vote for him, his ideas for Nominet are also pretty impressive too.

Just voted.

Please take the time to vote.
I think it's important to continue to show the Board and the exec that members are still interested in the future of Nominet and are willing to engage, otherwise we risk having a leadership team that could think they can do whatever they want without any repercussions. Remember 2020?
Vote, doesn't matter with whom. I think we have two great candidates in our secondary market segment.

James makes me so much money through Bodis Parking it would be rude not to vote for him, his ideas for Nominet are also pretty impressive too.

Just voted.
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your vote. I promise that I won’t let you down!

Please take the time to vote.
I think it's important to continue to show the Board and the exec that members are still interested in the future of Nominet and are willing to engage, otherwise we risk having a leadership team that could think they can do whatever they want without any repercussions. Remember 2020?
Vote, doesn't matter with whom. I think we have two great candidates in our secondary market segment.

Couldn’t agree more. We should always ensure we have representation and I couldn’t be up against a nicer bloke in Rob.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Rob on the result.

Whilst I have not been successful on this occasion, I would like to sincerely thank each one of you that voted for me and to Graeme Wingate & Hans Lempka for nominating me. Your kind comments and support will never be forgotten.

It’s truly been a humbling experience and over these past weeks I have had the pleasure of speaking with many of you here, delving head deep into the challenges our businesses face and the changes you require.

If this process has confirmed one thing to me, is that we all truly care about Nominet and the impact they have on our businesses.

Rob has my full backing going forward and I would like to wish him all the best on his new role

Thanks for the kind words, and to echo what James has said the last few weeks has been great - and as he said, people care about Nominet and it is a hell of a lot deeper than just a discount which is reassuring.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom