Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Webhostingbuzz - Careful with the "Free" domain offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Signed up for a hosting account with Webhostingbuzz, and got a free domain name. Great, I thought.

However come to cancel, as needed to move everything to one server, and the "free" domain tag was changed and name servers swapped out to a parking page. I've been told it's £12 to release the domain name which I thought was mine.

Anyone else had this issue?

That's near enough what you would pay for the domain anyway, most places do things for free while you are with them or have minimum terms.

What did the terms say?

Was the domain ever in your name, or always theirs?

I've had this problem.

"We offer free registrations, renewals and transfers of domain names in six most popular Top Level Domains (TLDs) as a bonus for shared and reseller hosting packages. Your domain name remains free as long as you keep an active hosting account with WebHostingBuzz."

https://www.webhostingbuzz.co.uk/domain-names/

I'm presuming that they will renew it every year but I think it would be much more transparent if you just got the free domain to look after yourself.

What did you expect ratty you pay penuts and get a monkey service.

Besides money that tight these days your winging over £12 :D

how long was you with them for until you changed?

If withing a few months, then its reasonable to expect to be charged otherwise people would just sign up to get the free domain, then move it out.

Obviously if you was with them and had the free domain for years then yeah, that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom