Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Website idea - alternative to sedo

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by iCodes, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob

rob Founding Member

The syndicate idea has been used before to get groups of users on a higher earning ppc account however I must say I agree with sedo that the syndicate idea would not work with sales for the very reasons they stated.

The problem is that domain sales and traffic are quite volatile :(

Out of interest, if Sedo had agreed to run with the idea did you arrange any fee or cut?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

There was no actual figure mentioned, they just agreed that they would pay me if they used the idea.

4. chinesewhispers United Kingdom

chinesewhispers Active Member

Surely the system would be open to abuse from people adding large numbers of crap domains? There would have to be a democratic system wherby the current members have to allow the domain to be added as part of the system (probably by way of vote).

5. iCodes United Kingdom

iCodes Active Member

This is why there would have been 'Syndicate Groups' all crap domains would be with other crap domains in the same group.

The idea would have been to rank the domains by visitors, although that was only an *idea* and not set in stone... there are many other ways you could rank a domain to make sure it was fair.

I think the biggest problem is that people are looking at the idea in the wrong way.

The idea was merely a rough guide, the figures i used were just for demonstating the basic idea, the ranking system i used was also a rough guide....

What i should have done was put more attention into making it actually workable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.