Domain Manage

Website Launch

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by deanmain, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanmain

deanmain Active Member

After messing around with web sites and domains for about two years and making loads of mistakes I feel its time to put all the things I have learned and I am about to launch my first serious website and i was wondering when is the best time to launch it.

ie..there is still plenty of content to be added to certain pages but the website is about 50% complete with lots of very good pages with unique content on the most important pages etc.

Do I wait till I am 100% happy or do i get it indexed and add to it on an ongoing basis

Any useful tips that I and others who may be in a similar position, will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Some will tell you to wait until the site is 100% complete before launching it, personally (but I'm not expert in making sites), I wouldn't bother waiting if you already have it 50% done, I would just get it online and start it getting indexed, and then as you add in the remaining 50% and more over time, it'll be counted as fresh content and should give it a boost with each addition.

4. deanmain

deanmain Active Member

Cheers!!

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

My own philosophy is launch as soon as possible ... but I guess it depends on how quickly you reckon you are able to get the site indexed.

Rgds

6. Banana

Banana Active Member

7. deanmain

deanmain Active Member

8. Maccke

Maccke Active Member

Perhaps you can launch it, without linking it from the main menu or content (just from a sitemap and maybe an external link).

9. thecat Netherlands

thecat Active Member

Checklist for me:
    Site Structure
    On Page SEO
    Core Content Pages

If those are right then I get indexed. The LAUNCH is very different to just being indexed though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.