Domain Manage

wedding white dove hire

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by gvart, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gvart

gvart Member

I own www.whitedovehire.co.uk which I bought a little while back as I owned pure white racing pigeons and hired then out at weddings and funerals at £75 per event. The whole of my time from arriving at the event and leaving with £75 (minimum) usually was around 5 minutes, and the pigeons were always back home before me.
    At the time was living in rented accommodation and the owner installed the whole south facing side with solar panels. Pretty quickly the pigeons had to go because of the mess they were making on the panels.

Just wondering if anyone might have an idea what ths domain name may be worth please?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I think this domain has very modest value, if any. That's because the domain is not going to be that significant for this type of business, i.e. it's not a national business with high marketing spend. I would rather be more optimistic but that's my realistic opinion.

Rgds

4. gvart

gvart Member

Thanks for your honest opinion. I agree with you that it's not a national business nor does it have a high marketing spend too, although I do think that this domain is very significant for this type of business, I really cannot think of a domain name that would be more fitting for hiring white doves.

Again though, thanks for your opinion with your comment :)

5. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

The problem for me is that any similar name would do the same job, "white dove hire" gets less than 10 searches per month, so it would be just as worthwhile someone regging whitedoveshire.co.uk for a fiver even though it has no exacts, and whitedovehire.com is also available to register.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  6. gvart

gvart Member

I see your point.

Thanks, as you can tell, I have no idea what I am doing, just have a few domains that I don't need and don't know what to do with them.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.