Domain Manage

WeeCard.com

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by MikeMac, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

I have weecard.com AND weecard.co.uk.

I have never really considered selling domains before so this is interesting. I have more than a few as I have been designing and initiating websites for clients for years and often retain names after clients disappear into the ether.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

What is weecard?

4. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

A small card. There is no current brand attached. There was but the business is gone!

5. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

6. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

Thanks for your valued input but I have already had an interest that's why I came in to this forum.

7. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

No problem, Members here at Acorn have lots of experience (hence I hang around)

we all know your "wee" is just a "Wii" play. - so what are you looking for ? an endorsement of a registered TM. because you wont find it here

8. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

Not a play on Wii at all. The word "wee" is scottish and in common UK english usage. Nothing to do with the Wii whatsover.

9. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

fair enough - does seem to be some history to the term and registrations.

Probably the best you can do is just list it for sale at somewhere like Sedo - A domain like this wouldn't have a wide enough appeal to attract an offer from a domaining point of view. I'll accept it's the sort of thing/name that someone with a predefined 'concept' for use may well indeed run with. But, its certainly not a domainers domain or one that would have appeal or value in general

10. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

I guess I have misunderstood the concept of the forum. I wasn't trying to sell to members. I simply thought it was a place to have it appraised. I just didn't want to undersell and thought I would get an indication of market value.

I'll go to a broker. Thanks

11. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking your taking the 'wee' as the meaning 'small' e.g there's a wee house down that road (there's a small house down that road)

If this is the case... i'd value it at £0 as well i'm afraid, can't see any real meaning or brandability.

If you have had offers snap them up :)

12. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

That was genuine advice regarding Sedo and trying to attract a buyer. (as with any potential brand domain)

The domain has no value as far as I can see as a good/clever wordplay (which is my area), good luck with your domain-broker.

13. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

The names were bought for a far eastern company who produced small circuit boards to augment POS monitors. They were fortunately bought over by a larger enterprise. There never was any intention of clever wordplay. The product was a 'wee' electronic card or circuitboard. The brand was never utilised as the eventual buyer is a worldwide brand who integrated it into their products.

Thanks to all who replied.

14. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

15. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

I sense a level of animosity towards me for asking a simple question. It's a bit strange but I'll back off and leave you to your superior stance.

16. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

No animosity whatsoever but you seem to be misunderstanding what everyone is saying.

17. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

As with your other appraisal request. "augmenta //couk"

If it's a 'superior' attitude - It comes from experience and a willingness to hopefully save inexperienced individuals from wasting their time and money on 'fools errands'

What would you rather, we lie and tell you the domains are worth something. It is just about cutting to the thrust - don't take it the wrong way

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  18. MikeMac

MikeMac Member

I work for a major branding agency as a creative director. I fully understand what everyone is saying. I also fully understand from several years experience that brand names are often defined by availability of pertinent domains. You may disagree. That's OK by me.

I was looking for the marketable value from a potential client viewpoint, not from a domain dealer's viewpoint. Your particular views are perfectly clear despite their brevity and I thanked you for your input. I entered the wrong forum. My mistake.

19. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

No worries, thanks for popping by.

20. MattB United Kingdom

MattB Active Member

Boxfish, stop being such a tool. Your comments were fine until you made your "-£1" comment. It's one thing saying something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I don't see the value in your domain name" and then giving your reasons, but frankly your insistence on purposefully talking down the guy is idiotic and not needed.

Perhaps the online store, http://www.theweecardshop.co.uk/ would have some minor interest in the name. I say minor, because it looks like a small-time side project for someone.

21. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Active Member

Lol, sorry.

Apologies to the OP too.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.