Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What are Your Tips for Facebook Marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone find that using your page profile to comment on other merchants updates helps much with traffic?

Thanks

not really, you'll more than likely get banned from posting on their items too.

You need to have a good page that people actively want to engage in, plus a good website to back it up and as many said before your site needs work. :)

Yes that is true, usually when you look at some very popular Facebook pages and even other social media resources, you will notice that they are attached to some homepages and websites. From those areas the visitors will have a look at Facebook pages. For example, it has become customary even for very big and profitable businesses to add Facebook icon to their homepages, asking people to visit them.

This way, as their web positions on search engines improve day by day, so will the number of visits paid to their Facebook profiles grow because most visitors will be eager to check out their social media pages to see what kinds of updates are posted there to review. If you really want massive exposure for your Facebook page, redirect the users from your homepage, it could be a blog or an e-commerce.

I much prefer Twitter to FB.

Anyway here's some basic tips:

- Get a professional looking FB cover that identifies your brand
- Don't just post "links". I get incredibly bored of pages that do this as it looks borderline spam to me. You should post custom images with deals that are shareable and get real likes.
- Don't just post your own pages. Post other interesting deals across the web to add value to your page.
- Leave comments and like your own deals that you post. You're more likely to get social interaction if people can see others have already commented or liked your stuff.
- Add bold, introductions and questions before you post a link to your stuff. e.g. "OMG, I can't BELIEVE Boots are giving away £10 shoes for FREE!!

Check it Out: LINK
- In general, the more effort you put into your page the better it will be.

good point above...but i would also state that Facebook pages need to look authentic and be as interactive as possible. Facebook got big because of the use of imagery so utilize images to good effect and do not go in with a straight sell on Facebook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom