Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

what charge for homepage link

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by fish, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

I've had an enquiry from a major brand who want to place a link (to their site) on the homepage of one of my sites. They're asking me to quote them for a yearly rate.

I've no ideas, anyone have a ball park figure, industry standard?
    (my site was recently launched, gets about 200 unique visitors per day so so far)

TIA

Fish

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. rob

rob Founding Member

Are they after pagerank etc?

Dofollow or nofollow?

Labelled as ad or a sponsor / hidden?

4. fish United Kingdom

fish Well-Known Member

They want to link to an internal page on their site that offers insurance advice for a particular type of vehicle (that my site features)

The link would be under 'other sites of interest' so an ad rather than sponsor.

I've no idea re dofollow / nofollow I would guess do follow...

thanks,

Fish

5. lufc United Kingdom

lufc Active Member

What I tend to do is work out how much I would make from an aff link that that amount of time and then add a bit more onto it, if they don't agree just place an aff link there.

If you are placing on a page with aff link I work out how much it would take away rom the other links, add a bit more and then ask for that.

If you don't have any affi links think of the number you are happy to accept and then add 25% and ask them for that amount but make sure you include wiggle room, such as quoting for other areas of the site etc.

What I would also say is you wil find a lot of time wasters with this sort of thing who come back to you and say something along the lines of they have no money left in there budget so can't spend any money on it (even though they have contacted you asking to buy a link)- it's like they think you will just give them a link for free!

Darren

• Like Like x 1
  6. rob

rob Founding Member

7. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

£1k/year sounds about right

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

Wish I could get those kind of advertisers! Think between £15 and £50 per month tends to be the range from what I have seen. It seems to vary a lot - sometimes I ask what they are prepared to offer and have been pleasantly surprised.

Stephen.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.