Domain Manage

What do you think of my new affiliate site?

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by khalid, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I have recently completed (but still adding too) my pressure washer site, a self explanitory site with Amazon affiliate links.

I just want to know your thoughts and comments on the design, ease of buy and comparison table on the homepage.

I've never really made any money before via the affiliate route so all comments are welcome, good and bad, as long as they're constructive!

Thanks in advance,

Khalid.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

nice, neat and informative. Should be easy to add a few extra merchants.

S

4. retired_member13

retired_member13 Banned

Nice site.

One comment I would make is that pressure washer is the dominant term in the genre, not pressure washers (135k versus 50k) so I'd focus my incoming links on the singular term for maximum link juice.

Best of luck with it.

5. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

Agree with Ty - also there's a video for 'pressure washer' page one google (UK) - if you could get another one alongside that would probably help.

6. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the comments thus far, great feedback, will look into video now :)

7. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would be tempted to change your logo top left to "PressureWasher.co.uk" so people remember your url.

You need full price comparison in order to make a sale, or demonstrate that you've found the lowest price on the internet for a given model.

I would single out some specific models on the home page and explain why people should buy them and how you've found the best price.

What's wrong with other pressure washer brands? Amazon is good but in time some other retailers with full price comparison might help.

Rgds

8. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments mate, the logo will be getting changed soon and I'm adding more reviews for other brands, just waiting on my content writer getting back to me :)

9. boxerdog

boxerdog Well-Known Member

10. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

I've thrown in a simple YouTube video so hopefully the £100 investment might help lol!

I never realised how expensive stock videos and voiceovers can be!

11. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I reckon that's £100 well spent. For the price, they've done a respectable job.

Rgds

12. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was me that made the video I just bought stock footage, photos and a voiceover.

13. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

Good stuff on the video - I'm pretty sure video SEO won't be too tricky, and as you've already started - could get more traffic through youtube/vimeo etc.

Nice work

14. synapsis

synapsis Active Member

Looks like its caught between an amateur/professional design quality as some elements don't look as if they know where to be placed. However that can always be changed. I think that to make the design look even more clean you will need to place all the images of the power washers into some sort of box, or have a background on each of them to kill the amount of white. That way the products will be highlighted better as some of them are already all white or have bright colors. That will make them much more visually appealing. Overall looks great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.