Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What shall I do? 123-reg not responding!!

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by ebee, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebee

ebee Member

I registered a .co.uk domain name in mid december 2006, paid to 123-reg and got the invoice etc ok via email to confirm order. I went on hols for 3 weeks and forgotten about it.
    Sometime in around in March 2007 I was checking 123-reg control panel..all other domains were listed apart from this domain in question. I've sent lots of emails, web forms thr' 123-reg website, even wrote a letter but they haven't even responded to my query!! I am really surprised!! The reason why I am laid back is that the domain name only cost me around £6 for 2 years. They have still got my money and no domain name!!
    Any way then I checked this domain name on nominet "who is" - and guess what it was already regd by another uk individual in February 2007!! way after i paid to 123-reg.
    If any one can advise what I need to do please help!. If any one on the forum here from 123-reg need to get more info and investigate this case please feel free to send me a message.
    I do not want to ring the phone as it will be trying to recover £6 quids, and I have to spend on their premium number!
    thx:(

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM.

Rgds

Accelerator

4. yesterday United Kingdom

yesterday Active Member

there's nout you can do.

forget it.

ask for your money back.

use someone else next time.

yesterday

5. ebee

ebee Member

can trading stds not do anything as they got my money but not delivered the goods?

6. stevebrowne United Kingdom

stevebrowne Active Member

this happened to me as well, they simply didn't register it, but did register another couple I did at the same time. They refunded without problem though.

7. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

1. you paid and they have not provided
    2. you have sent them emails and they have not responded
    3. you have sent them letters and they have not responded.

That stinks big time! If it was me, i would be issuing a small claims. It costs you £30 but you will get this back. You can also claim interest on the money you have paid.

Read the following carefully and then apply online. Once it hits their offices i'm sure you will hear very quickly.

http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/other-services/small-claims-court-consumer-problem.htm

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/small_claims.htm

Apply Online: make sure you include the interest as part of the total claim.
    https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

8. ebee

ebee Member

thanks scooter for links

thanks scooter for these valuable links..i will give them a try!!
    best regards

9. droid United Kingdom

droid Active Member

This has happened to me several times with 123reg, same lack of communication each time.

Just email via the support pages, quoting the invoice number and domain name and they will refund. Albeit in my case they did not answer the emails to confirm the refunds they just closed the query as solved.

Gary

10. Nikki

Nikki Member

The story somehow reminds me of sex.com

11. fred United Kingdom

fred Active Member

how :confused:

sex.com - somone regs, someone steals,

this - someone reg's, 123reg do not carry out reg, months later someone else regs

12. GWing

GWing Retired Member

I've just submitted domains with oneandone, took 5 days to register them.

Good job they weren't well sort after doamins.

It all seems a bit mental that no company that put together a decent service.

:(

13. Johnp United Kingdom

Johnp Active Member

Has happened to me several times that 123-reg bill you before they send the request to Nominet for the domain. I always check using a who-is lookup that the domain is there. A couple of times I have used my UKReg account to buy the same domain and then got 123-reg to refund me, just e-mail them via their web site. Only once have I had to send a recorded delivery letter threatening proceedings where I had bunch of domains that they had not refunded me on and they were not responding to support emails(guess the whole support team were in taxi from Nottingham to that place around M25 they moved to recenlty - LOL)

Cheers

JohnP

14. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

send them a rude letter giving them 7 days b4 u sue

15. ebee

ebee Member

I will be taking the advise on board from you all guys..thx for the support so far..;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.