Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

When Pranks Go Too Far

Discussion in 'General Board' started by domainseller200, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

I bet those royals went over the top and left the poor nurse in bits.

I hope there is an investigation as to what disciplinary action was taken.

A call was put through to her and she obviously made a mistake but the system and protocols let this happen.

Poor girl and get family.

4. khalid

khalid Well-Known Member

The call was posted on FB by a friend of mine and I said at the time something along the lines of "guess who's just lost her job for breaking data protection."

It's a real shame this woman committed suicide and totally unjustified.

Not meaning to take away from her death but I was really surprised at the time the woman confirmed the whereabouts of a Prince and the current medical state of a Duchess.

I'm not a Royalist at all, and would still be surprised if it was Joe Bloggs. I wouldn't be happy either if someone was willing to divulge such information over the phone about my family.

5. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Imagine being a normal person, making a mistake and having everyone including the media slating you from all corners of the world.

Its hard to take for a celeb who is used to, let alone a normal nurse.

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

This is terrible news, I wonder how the Austrian Radio chat idiots that made that call now feel. Know doubt the Duchess her self will be heartbroken

7. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

According to the news no disciplinary action was taken or was going to be taken, nor did the royals complain. If anything they made light of it frm listening to Charles' comments yesterday.

From her name it sounded Phillipino/Malaysian. Some of the far easterm ethnicities take personal shame to heart, and in this case to extremes.

Hope the aussies - who were already on report for a similar instance - get canned.

From all accounts she wasn't the one to give out the info, she just took the call - because no receptionists at 5am - and passed it on.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. anthony United Kingdom

anthony Well-Known Member

It's almost certain they'll get the bullet, and rightly so!

9. Aegean Greece

Aegean Active Member

Absolutely right, with Australian Radio chat idiots being the operative term. Poor woman.

10. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I personally hope the Australian hosts are given sympathy.

It was a light hearted prank and I fully believe they probably expected just to be told to f'off when they called.

Very sad the whole affair, for her, her family, and the hosts.

11. websaway United Kingdom

websaway Well-Known Member

No winners, everybody involved will feel regret.

12. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Stephen your right. Said she wasn't disciplined on the news just and amazing how well they seem to have tried to handle it. Maybe the nurse who gave out the information had a few words with her?

Her poor kids.

13. Aegean Greece

Aegean Active Member

Are you crazy? This is the problem I seem to have with the modern world, there seems to be a lack of common sense. You don't do things like that. Its them that's in the wrong, they caused the whole situation to happen. I have no sympathy for them at all, in fact, I hope they feel like crap now. So they should, bloody idiots.

14. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Was it childish, yes, inappropriate, quite possibly.. malicious, no.

It's a awful what happened, I feel for the nurse and her family, but I also feel for the radio hosts who had no bad intentions and now will have a very heavy guilt.

I hope everyone in the situation is left alone to deal with it in peace.

15. anthony United Kingdom

anthony Well-Known Member

The woman was a member of the night staff, caught off guard towards the end of a shift, no doubt tiring and not as sharp as she would otherwise have been at that time.
    The prank served no other purpose than to provide fun for some Aussie cretins, and this dutiful nurse is now dead from shame.

16. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I agree

Some things said within a 'Closed circle' don't have to have any bearing beyond that circle. However, make a national/global fool of anybody has obvious bearings.

When the first report of the so called "Spoof call" came out anybody with a sense of decency would have hoped the support offered to the 'Victim' was countering any personally felt accountability - I know I did.

Now we know that didn't happen

17. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I have no sympathy for the radio jocks, they obviously live a frivolous life with no sense of accountability. (until yesterday) If they were 12 or 14 years old maybe one could understand their sense of blanket irresponsibility

18. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

Ringing up a HOSPITAL where someone is ILL obtaining PRIVATE medical information and then broadcasting it PUBLICLY - and you think they should be given sympathy?

How is that even funny?

Would it have been funny to pretend to be the Bolton Wanderers manager, ring the hospital where Muamba was being treated to ask when he's going to be fit for training?

It doesn't matter what title someone might have, they're a person in hospital, and putting them through that is quite appalling whoever they are.

19. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Yep, the press jumped on the story, another reason why I hate the press, they made a meal of it. The radio presenters should be black listed, poor nurse, the info actually past later by the on duty nurse whas "very little", nothing already previously released.

20. Aegean Greece

Aegean Active Member

Exactly - and thats what I mean by a lack of common sense.

The poor woman probably thought she'd caused a whole lot of trouble for the Royal family. Whilst the radio presenters aren't responsible for what the woman did to herself, it was the situation they caused that led to these tragic events.

Her family must be devastated, not to mention her poor children. I'm shocked at the whole thing.

21. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

I don't think you can blame them to be honest, we have all laughed at these types of things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9yJUOdVyUc

We all found this funny, if she had took her own life then would there have been a backlash? These pranks happen all the time and nobody could have expected her to take her life. It wasn't reckless it was just unforeseen.

A tragedy but without hindsight nobody is to blame unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.