Domain Manage

where is the best place to AUCTION my really good domains?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by richardells, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardells

richardells Member

Hi,

I have a list of 16 domains that are my best which include:
    vps.co.uk
    pdq.co.uk
    lag.co.uk
    oke.co.uk
    a few surnames like livingstone.co.uk, nobel.co.uk
    and a few 1 word domains.

Where is the place to get the best price for them? I tried Sedos great domain auction last year and sold kev.co.uk and auditors.co.uk but only got 7500 for the pair, which I wasn't over impressed with - but I felt the auction was not publicised well.

Any ideas out there? I'm trying to buy a new house and I am raising funds from anywhere I can! (anyone want a new kidney - it's hardly used - well that's a lie actually - it's well used.)

All the best
    Richard.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. davedevelopment United Kingdom

davedevelopment Well-Known Member

If you're happy with reseller prices, try domainlore.co.uk with a reserve?

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Or apply to be allowed to post them in the Premium Names forum here.

5. DomainAngel United Kingdom

DomainAngel Retired Member

Hi

maybe do the same as your estate agents.

Present your domains.

Market your domains.

Publicise, where appropriate your domains.

Look at the domain post on here, hook co uk

Its owner gives lots of information, and wets peoples appetites.

All you need to do is get people to your auction.

I'm sure you are more than aware who are the big portfolio owners, let them know as a priority.

Once you decide where you are going to auction your domains, you can start the 3 steps above.

Present - Have a presentation on each domain, focusing on that domain with a list of uses, and showing comparable sale prices, just like you look at when you buy a property.

Market - Spend buttons on adsense, marketing your domains, be specific with your targeting, and you will reach the right people and not waste on poor clicks. You have some great stuff to sell, 5000 leaflets for £99, £50 to someone to hand them out at the main city tube station, one in morning, and one in evening. I could go on, and its probably sucking eggs, but you can create a buzz about this, and people like buzzes.

Publicise - Probably the best, once you have worked the other steps out, get someone to write you some press releases, several for different sectors and media types. Create stories, 3rd party analagies, really go to town, you would not believe what gets printed.

There are some great straplines you can use, and the news editors will lap it up.

Again, sorry if ive rambled on, but put some work into it and even if you still sell at sedo, and there are some other great options, and i'm certain you will realise some great prices.

Only my opinion of course :)

Best of luck.

6. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Get in touch with Rick Latona or Rick Schwartz to broker good names for you.

I hate them both, especially the latter, he looks like several punches wouldn't go amiss, but they are good at what they do... Especially Schwartz, his media manipulation is fantastic, I'm sure it's not an accident he has made himself a hate figure in the TLD industry. Any publicity is good publicity :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.