Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who dabbles in .com's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well can we try to keep this thread on topic, as I'm genuinely interested in views on .com's and how it has worked out for those invested in both.

For example, anyone believe in the LLLL hype surrounding Chinese buyers etc. Are these LLLL's really going to keep going up, or is the market simply being manipulated.

where is the .com forum on here?!

Waiting to be discovered by all the domainers in Asia who own rubbish 'english isn't my first language but Google translated it like this' domains.

You know they are just sat there, in eager anticipation, awaiting the .com forum. They need to sell their forbyfor.com* and buyhousesale.com* and anything else that sounds like something Yoda would say (which is OK for Yoda, but is for domains, no good, I believe).

As for me, I've only ever brought the brand .com's to my .co.uk's.

*Example domains, no idea if these are registered or not.

Well can we try to keep this thread on topic, as I'm genuinely interested in views on .com's and how it has worked out for those invested in both.

For example, anyone believe in the LLLL hype surrounding Chinese buyers etc. Are these LLLL's really going to keep going up, or is the market simply being manipulated.

I'm not aware of what you are talking about re. chinese buyers but I have some LLLL's and have not had more than one enquiry on one of them.

90% of what I buy now is dot com.......I've not sold any yet (and am hardly active, Sedo at best), but I'm much happier with a dot com portfolio than I am with a .co.uk one.

However, I don't buy into the LLL craze, in any extension,....

Aside from barriers to entry and market differences, so lets assume equal skill and understanding between each, how are the other markets your heavily into aside from .com ?

Would say average, depends on the population size of that market.

Had one LLL.co.uk potential buyer deciding to go with LLLKeyword.com recently. So much for shorter is better. UK only business with million £ turnover.

Hi Admin can you add a wanted section to the dot com forum or should i post in the new section?

Sales and Discussion if you are in agreement!? I've updated the description

I'm happy with this, no idea if I'll have a need for it depending, but certainly makes sense for this thread and others.

Can anyone confirm which backorder company are generally the most successful at acquiring .com drops? I don't want to sign up with my credit card to any dodgy ones or that little to no chance!

From what I understand, if the backorder company catch the domain, providing you have bid a minimum, you then go into a closed auction to submit your best bid. Does this operate like a conventional auction, or are they closed bids with the result on the deadline?

Anyone had success via this method, or are auction prices generally now right up there with what they eventually sell for?

There isn't 1, different registrars have deals with different catchers.

Some go into closed auctions, some into open auctions, some are normal, some if the bid is high enough are sold from underneath you by the catcher you thought got it for you. Some have deals with big portfolio holders so they get the name booked by you or not.

Welcome to the shark tank.

You'll need pool, snap, namejet and godaddy at the minimum.

Thanks Skinner, had any success? I've spotted some send them to public auction which seems pointless, might as well only sign up with those that keep it private, to reduce the competition!

That won't work, because if the name you want is currently a go daddy name, snap, nj or God himself has no hope at all of catching it, if its booked at godaddy.

The same deals exist with other registrars, for example netsol, they keep the cream for themselves, the curds for their buddies and leave the whey to go to namejet. So if you don't book it with namsjet, you have more chance of finding a gold egg laying goose.

You need to research the drop partnerships a little more. It's not at all like .uk.

99% of all good drops now go to public auction. Unless you have an awful lot of money to invest (6 figures) and become your own registrar you will rarely catch good .coms uncontested I'm afraid. Sometimes you may find a bargain on GD auctions or GD closeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom