Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who would you recommend for three letter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, my comments still stand in general (and I don't think I stand alone in my frustration), though I may have missed the sarcasm in this particular case I guess.

Foz on here got an LLL for £30 with DropSystem so they do happen :)

Don't get me wrong, but you won't get it for £30 thats for sure. Charitable means or not. If you want it i'm sure there are ways (outlined above) but you will have to part with some ££

If its for charity pursue the .org.uk

Don't say that mate, he might knock me up for donate.org.uk

You should see some of the emails I get for that, I might pass them on to Edwin to reply for me :D

But yep Edwin is right, I just dismiss them now as you don't know who is serious or bluffing and no way to tell on most occasions. So no point listening to it in the end.

Sorry, but this kind of comment really winds me up. I can't think of any offline example where somebody walks into a store and says "Because I'm a student/a charity/poor/non profit/any other excuse, I want you to sell me what you're offering for 10%/1%/a laughably small % of what you normally charge" yet I see that all the time in the domain world.

I get emails along the above lines almost every single day, and I really wonder what planet the people emailing are living on!

Choosing to GIVE to charity is one thing (and a very laudable and worthwhile action) but suggesting that one should throw basic business commonsense and economics out of the window because the other party to a transaction can't or doesn't want to pay market price is ludicrous.

Sadly, that doesn't seem to stop the emails coming!

Added: yes, I know that for instance students get discounts in many stores, but the discount is always a small percentage of the overall price, and the store-owner has already done the math and figured that the repeat business/word of mouth/remaining profit after the discount warrants offering it in the first place.

You're just racist.....bloody hell Edwin did you get up on the wrong side of the bed,i have never sent you an email asking if i could get one of your domains for 90% off........yet

And yes Graeme i am frustrated (not sexually) about this cloak and dagger system for the elite,i have been after this certain domain for six months and i have gone through so many processes through administration ,finding the directors ,asking about must be fifty secretaries "cockney accent" (all yeah alright then peckle i will get back to ya!!)

I have never liked this system and i dislike it even more now i have looked into it.

There's a nice little dropcatchers LLL .co.uk coming through the system I see, It'll be interesting to see if a mainstream dropcatcher gets it (for themselves no doubt).

We have caught a few lll.co.uk on our public system, and we don't compete or refuse any domain. Those that have had such names caught by us and bookings accepted know that we operate fairly. Just to clear up any misconception there may be out there about our particular policy. We also caught a 2-char .co.uk for one client - on his first day. An 'ln.co.uk' as I remember. (Thanks for the mention Skinner).

Apols aZooZa, wasn't trying to suggest anything underhand by any catchers, just my cack-handed way of highlighting a very apt LLL .co.uk coming through which dropcatchers might themselves find interesting!

Apols aZooZa, wasn't trying to suggest anything underhand by any catchers, just my cack-handed way of highlighting a very apt LLL .co.uk coming through which dropcatchers might themselves find interesting!
DT, absolutely no inference taken. I don't often comment in these threads for obvious reasons; just thought it was appropriate this time. Thanks for the post!

DT, absolutely no inference taken. I don't often comment in these threads for obvious reasons; just thought it was appropriate this time. Thanks for the post!

Cheers. I presume you might have spotted the one I'm talking about. Expect a mini rush for it I'd say!

Cheers. I presume you might have spotted the one I'm talking about. Expect a mini rush for it I'd say!

From what I have heard it will be renewed, I chased it and one of the parties involved have finally admited they do actually own it and have contacted Nominet to get it renewed / transferred into the correct details.

From what I have heard it will be renewed, I chased it and one of the parties involved have finally admited they do actually own it and have contacted Nominet to get it renewed / transferred into the correct details.

Another mystery registrant claiming ownership of a domain name of a dissolved company.

Nominet are very accomodating these days, aren't they!

Not sure mate, it seems it all changed hands over a year ago (not the name itself, just all the assets in one big lump). Apparently it was only after a number of domainers contacted the company the liquidators sold everything to, that they decided that it must be worth something.

They have now contacted the liquidators and got the ball rolling for the transfer and renewal.

That's only what I have heard, but it was from one of them direct, god knows how many man hows had been wasted chasing this one by domainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts