Domain Manage

Whois Change

Discussion in 'Domain Tools' started by Evie, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evie

Evie Member

Hi,

I recently did a whois using DNA Pro for btg.co.uk. The whois results for Registration Status: show as 'No registration status listed.' & Relevant Dates: do not show the Renewal Date for this domain?!?

My question is 'HOW can a registrant choose to have 'No registration status listed' & 'Renewal dates' omitted when they register a domain?'

This is obviously a measure on the registrants behalf to prevent catchers knowing when a name will drop? Should they forget to renew this will give them a bit of extra time before the name is discovered.

Thanx in advance..

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

WHOIS for btw.co.uk looks normal to me. Are you sure it isn't a consequence of going over the lookup limit for the day?

4. Evie

Evie Member

Sorry, post amended..I meant btg.co.uk ;-)

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

The reason for a domain name only having a last updated date is explained a number of times on this forum. I encourage you to utilise the search facility and read some old posts. :cool: These posts are there for a reason; not because the admin forgot to delete them. :)

Hilarious. :razz: You've made a whole seven posts on this forum and suddenly you're an expert. FYI your conclusion is completely inaccurate.

6. Evie

Evie Member

'Invincible' - I only asked a simple question and I agree i should have used the search facility, however I couldn't readily find what I was looking for and thought that someone 'in the know' would be able to provide me with a quick answer to my questions.

I could well have come to an inaccurate conclusion if it was just that, but this is why I posted my 'comment' on the forum so that others may enlighten me. If you know the answer I think that it would be much more helpful for you to suggest why you think it is rather than being so pedantic.

Regards

7. FC Domains

FC Domains Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. rob

rob Founding Member

Classic post :D

9. invincible

I would appreciate it if the following comment was checked for accuracy and then enshrined into a FAQ somewhere for eternity.

A .uk domain name that only has a Last updated date, and no Registered on (or Renewal) date, is a Pre Nominet domain name (also known as a "prenom"). These domain names were registered prior to Nominet's existance. More information about Pre Nominet domain names can be found here. There is no way of predicting when a Pre Nominet domain name will drop.

10. invincible

Made me laugh too. :D

11. Jay Daley New Zealand

Jay Daley Active Member

Why does it happen so often that someone comes across something they don't understand about our systems and so they immediately jump to a conspiracy theory to explain it? Is it only me that finds this odd?

12. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

No, it's so odd that aliens must be involved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.