Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Whoopsy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Had an offer via Sedo for one of my domains. The offer was £xxx and I countered with very low £xxxx to allow a good amount of room for negotiation and the other party already cancelled. I'm quite surprised they didn't counter, after all low £xxxx was never my price expectation, it was actually around half that but I just wanted to allow room for negotiation.

What do you all feel is a suitable amount increase on top of your expected price to allow room for negotiation? In my case I went more than double the price I hoped for, do you all feel this is too much?

Had an offer via Sedo for one of my domains. The offer was £xxx and I countered with very low £xxxx to allow a good amount of room for negotiation and the other party already cancelled. I'm quite surprised they didn't counter, after all low £xxxx was never my price expectation, it was actually around half that but I just wanted to allow room for negotiation.

What do you all feel is a suitable amount increase on top of your expected price to allow room for negotiation? In my case I went more than double the price I hoped for, do you all feel this is too much?

Say they offered 100 and you counter 1000 to get 500.
they only want to pay 100, end of story.

There are always buyers who will buy at a price but don't really want the name ( other alternatives available )and therefore make a low offer in the hope that the seller will go for it, they sometimes send a note saying maximum offer.

Always best to decide your price and list at " buy now " be reasonable on pricing.

Put a minimum on all your Sedo offers, the default Sedo valuation is £299 which isn't a bad place to start. It stops the $100 offers.

Admin

There are no rules for the unknown. It depends on the domain name and the expectations of both the seller and buyer. Without knowing the domain name, their offer, and possibly who the buyer was it is pie in the sky speculation.

+1

If you do have a price in mind, why not list the name with that figure as a buy it now price? Sedo will then contact anyone who has previously offered on the name to tell them it is now for sale with a BIN. You might get the buyer back.

I'm quite surprised they didn't counter, after all low £xxxx was never my price expectation, it was actually around half that but I just wanted to allow room for negotiation.

I'm equally surprised the buyer couldn't read your mind. ;)

If you email your account manager he can contact the bidder and try to reopen negotiations.

nice tip blue rock.
I've found some people trawl sedo looking for those with no idea of the value of domains.
I submitted a new domain of mine to sedo been registered pre nominet great keyword summing up an industry. Within hours a low ball (very low xxx) was submitted. cancelled the bidding asoon as I countered.

If on sedo, I reply with a higher counter like you did but add a comment suggesting I would accept a lower (stated price) if the buyer was to allow it to go to auction. Also had one bidder who cancelled the offer then a year later came back to me with the same original offer played hard ball but eventually bought it for higher than my original counter.. :)

When you make an offer on sedo they present you with alternative domains which they say "you might also like to buy"

Unless your name is unique the buyer now has an incentive to look elsewhere.

Always best to decide your price and list at " buy now " be reasonable on pricing.

if buyer goes for buy now and you don't have that domain you have a problem.

I would stay away from setting domain on buy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom