Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Who's Using Fresh Store Builder?

Discussion in 'Fresh Store Builder' started by Alien, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. careybaird

careybaird from Fresh Store Builder

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

4. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Waiting on activation, and carey - it didn't do that for me when I added by ASIN :/ It just add's 1 version of the product.

5. careybaird

You have to make sure you are adding the "parent" product.

Each variation has a unique ASIN and the "parent" product has a unique ASIN. If you add the parent ASIN it will group together all the variations (and add any missing ones) into the one page like the example I posted.

Unfortunately for some reason Amazon don't indicate via the API that any given product is a variation. Therefore if you add the ASIN of a variation, there is no way to tell that it has "brothers and sisters" and a "parent product" until you add the "parent product" itself.

It is a slightly tricky concept to understand but to make you add the ASIN that appears on the Amazon product page (not in the URL). Products automatically added via a search or browse node *should* be parents only.

6. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Hah worked it out just as you replied - awesome, now go activate my forum account! J/k :)

7. careybaird

Excellent :) Make sure you have sent your username to support and it will be updated 5 minutes ago :D

8. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Although now I have an issue where I select the size - but no colours are available to select! :/

9. chippyb United Kingdom

chippyb Active Member

how can you find out if there is a partent of the product and how do you find it?

the product im looking at is in a colour but in the desc does say it is availiable in 12 other colours

10. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

http://beautytunics.co.uk/

Not finished but its coming along.

For some reason the products aren't working - When you select a size the colour drop down doesn't have any options in it.

Might be related to permissions (the security on my server is set very high)

Edit: Seems like the entire ajax folder is missing - not so good!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  11. careybaird

What is the product? Some products are not created as "parent -> child" products on Amazon, so they list seperately. Try adding the ASIN that shows on the actual page, or let me know the product and I will check it out.

12. careybaird

I believe we fixed this with you via support - let us know if there is anything else you need

13. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

I've been waiting a week for forum activation and still awaiting a response to a support mail from this morning.
    I have issues I need resolved and am quickly going off your product!

14. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

15. careybaird

It looks like there was some confusion with your forum username - you gave a different name in your original ticket than you gave today. I will activate this now.

There are three of us on the support team and we do our best to respond to tickets within 24 hours. I am looking at your ticket now and will respond from there.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  16. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

We now have a special introductory deal on our brand new Fresh Store Builder package at Wait, for a price of £95.00.

Details from here: Fresh Store Builder with content & template. Hope it's useful for people. :)

17. wb

wb Well-Known Member

On category pages, is it possible to have the category description only under the table of products rather than above and below?

e.g. On this drum sticks page, the description "All the Drum Sticks you need!" is on there twice.

(I haven't bought FSB yet to test and see, just wondering how flexible the layouts are)

18. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

You can set that on the Categories page with anything you want or blank, wb.

There's a top and bottom description field; I'd completed both of them the same previously and you've reminded me to now change them. :)

19. wb

wb Well-Known Member

Ah I see, that's great then. Thanks!

20. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

Giving this a go but had a few minor install issues which were sorted quickly, now my homepage is working but the category urls are not :confused:
    Easy enough to add products, is anyone using the spinner, is it any good?!

@careybaird I signed up on the fsb forum as 'dragon' could you activate pls?

21. careybaird

Welcome aboard, I have enabled dragon on the forum :)

Check out http:/forum.freshstorebuilder.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=800 for my strategy and how I use Best Spinner :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.