Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WIDI TV'S new tech for 2012 - buy them now!

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by xstu74, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Hello

So i was looking through New Tech for 2012 on msn.
    Seems that there will be a lot of wireless HDMI (WiDi) TVs LG to launch first in a few weeks, could be the new bit of tech for 2012 as all seem to be following suit.

"LG's premium TVs will be super powerful with quad-core chipsets, plus Intel WiDi tech to share laptop content wirelessly with your TV #CES"

"WiDi is more commonly known as “wireless HDMI” for its ability to stream high definition content over a 4Gbps data connection"

So took the plunge and brought widitvs.com

The .CO.UK is up for grabs im out of funds so what you reckon worth the buy?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Jamie101 Ireland

Jamie101 Well-Known Member

Tempted but not sure if I should buy a domain that I'll 90% not develop.

Hmmmm.

4. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

5. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

when the techs more main stream later this year then could be a good earner..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  6. Jamie101 Ireland

I've just bought the .co.uk

I think it's worth a shot anyway, worth the £7 risk anyway.

I usually buy EMDs and develop them, this is the first domain I've bought to try sell on.

But to be honest, if they become popular I'd probably set up a site using Amazon products.

Thanks by the way. We will see what happens :)

7. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Well it looks extremely likely that this tech will be main stream with all TVs in the long run - defo worth a shot its a no brainer i think ill go stick my .com up for $10k on sedo lol.

I glad you got the .co.uk ill kick myself if its the next big thing with teles this year :D

8. Jamie101 Ireland

Haha....not going to think too positively about it just yet :p going to try forget about it for a while then see what's going on :)

Only been a member on here for a few days and it's already made me buy more domains!

9. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Lol im a newbie too so lets hope i havent wasted your £7.00 :eek:

Im confident... there will be a demand and a market :rolleyes:

10. Jamie101 Ireland

Haha. Ah sure, only one way to find out.

Thanks again :)

11. Jamie101 Ireland

Just read that article, and in short it looks pretty good for a few reasons:

Same people that brought out Hd and 3d televisions.

Seems to be other names like WiGig and WHDI so there's obviously money to be made.

More competition = bad though doesn't it? Well not really since WiDi has LG and Intel behind it.

At the moment there's only adapters, soon it'll be built it = WiDi tv.

Sounds good. Maybe others on here should hop on the bandwagon since there are plenty of decent domains available related to it at the moment.

12. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Thats what i thought mate well just brought OLED3DTV.CO.UK used the girlfriends card all other taken,

quote 2012 Tech - And hot on the heels of LG - Samsung has introduced its own 55-inch Super OLED 3DTV. It's coming this year & it's a beauty.

Thought worth a punt

I seem to have brought about 30 domain in the past 2 months i just started developing one!

Oh well with tele tech its always worth a gamble global audience

13. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Some advice for any newbies in this thread.

Register one (maybe two) domains related to TVs. Learn how to make consistent affiliate sales on that domain. Once you have cracked this, then think about registering your third domain. You will thank me for this advice.

Rgds

14. accelerator United Kingdom

A summary of what I am saying is don't go regging loads of "tech" TV names and think you're on your way ... learn to make the sites perform first.

Rgds

15. xstu74 United Kingdom

xstu74 Active Member

Sound advice, Im still in the early stage of domaining and get a little carried away thinking its only £6.00. Im going to give buying a break for now and concentrate of developing a few micro sites, WiDi Tvs look as though it will be main stream in the Tv industry, so took the plunge.

But again sound advice and i have already taken it onboard

Thanks
    Stuart

16. Jamie101 Ireland

Thanks for the advice. I've 8 domains now including this one (widi tv is the only one without a site at the moment).

In your opinion, would you think it's worth it to put up a few articles now on the widitv one? Thanks.

17. accelerator United Kingdom

Now you own the domain, I would put a site on it, and learn how to make sales. I think you will find that there are other more commercial terms that will actually sell the TVs rather than the niche tech terms.

Rgds

18. Jamie101 Ireland

Are you talking about selling "normal" TVs? (for now anyway.) I have one site that sells Amazon.com products with unique content etc, pity you need a new account for Amazon.co.uk sales :(

19. accelerator United Kingdom

OK, now you have the domain, I would put up an informational site on it explaining WiDi and perhaps monetise with AdSense.

The crux of what I'm saying is not to get over excited about niche TV tech domains, as if you think about the keyphrases that will get a given TV sold, it won't be the niche tech searches that do it.

Rgds

20. Jamie101 Ireland

Ah, I understand what you're saying. I actually like making sites that are just information/articles on a subject :) Might start it within the next few days.

Random - Bought the domain on 123 reg through quidco, got 57p tracked from it. Mightn't sound like a lot but it's not that far off 10% back. Well worth it, especially if you have loads of domains :)

21. Aiden Roberts

Aiden Roberts Well-Known Member

I think the value is about to go up as there will be an item on BBC news at 10 in a minute, billed as the next big thing. Here is a link.

Aiden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.