Wireless ethernet for sky, bluray etc

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Retired_member41, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

I asked for some advice a while back when looking for a device to replace an ethernet cable across a room, I had some brilliant answers, but due to a few things I never actually purchased one.

Anyway, using the advice I was given I looked again the other day and found this at just £26, works perfect,and with sky now allowing anyone to watch anytime +, I bought a £1 splitter and works a treat for both.

Just posting in case anyone else is after one. Not an affiliate link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260967498803?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2867wt_1163

Thanks again for all the help.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Hi Caz, sorry to sound think, but can you give examples of how you have it setup? thanks Mally

4. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Hi Mally,

You just connect it to your sky box with the ethernet cable provided, and it says press the wpa button then press it on your router, and that would have been it, however, we have very bad bt hh3 router, which wont alllow wpa as they are working on security problems they say,hmm along with not being able to use ip cam grrr @ bt

I didnt do this bit, but he just plugged it in to pc and entered our routers password, then plugged it back in to sky box and it worked automatically.

bought a cheap splitter and it now connects two devices, I guess it can use as many as your ethernet splitter has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.