Domain Manage

WomensAccessories.co.uk - Christmas Orders - Big Oooops!

Discussion in 'General Board' started by BG, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BG United Kingdom

BG Active Member

I just thought i would login to my www.womensaccessories.co.uk site to see how many orders were placed over the christmas period, as expected their was a nice increase from £1655.12p in November to £5,342.23 for December, now for the big Oooops bit...

I was playing with checkout settings and updating products towards the end of november, and rather than allowing people to simply checkout via Amazon which is normally my default, I somehow checked " Email All Orders directly to me " yet I didn't associate any email address with this field so have now lost a bunch of sales no doubt, or at least returning customers... Ooops!!! then **!!*!*arrgghh Oooops again...

The other gutter is i had a buyer for this site and those figures would have looked mighty fine going through my affiliate account rather than sitting in the admin system, hey-hoo that will teach me for not double checking my settings before hitting save, lesson learnt and issue resolved :O)

Barry

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member27

retired_member27 Retired Member

First thing I learnt in woodwork at school was "measure twice, cut once" and that is so true for everything else in life.

4. BG United Kingdom

BG Active Member

Women's Accessories - Sales Over Christmas

I'm liking that way of thinking, normally I'm pretty good at double checking everything but on this occasion i lapsed, first time in a long time... and i hate losing money no matter how small it is, grrr.

5. rainbowjet

rainbowjet Active Member

Just stick to the good news, which is the increase in sales. It's a spilled milk, let it go. Congrats! :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  6. johnnyboy United Kingdom

johnnyboy Active Member

I hear Jewish males follow this very rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.