Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wordpress affiliate sites

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by mat, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mat

mat Well-Known Member

I take it there is some kind of affiliate plugin people are using to link their wordpress sites with merchant products? How does the setup work?

Assuming that the products are inserted as individual posts, what happens when you update your list of merchant products? Do the original "expired products" automatically delete or do you have to delete all posts/products before importing again...

Any information would be great. Would like to have a good idea of how it all works before trying it out or using it.

Thank you.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Joff United Kingdom

Joff Member

Do you have a rough idea of the types of products you want to advertise?

If so, then my recommendation would be to sign up as a publisher to one (or more) affiliate network such as Affiliate Window, Affiliate Futures, etc.

Once there, you choose the merchants you're interested in and, if accepted to their programme, normally have a variety of ways to promote their brand/product. In the case of Affiliate Window you can normally generate deep-links to pages on eCommerce sites, build a Content Widget or just get a product data feed to import into a Wordpress plugin.

4. Joff United Kingdom

Joff Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  5. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thanks for that, but maybe I didnt make it very clear in the post. Its just the wordpress affiliate setup im looking to learn more about. I allready have a wide range of affiliate sites using other platforms.

6. digitalquill

digitalquill Active Member

Hi

My plugin works by creating a post for each row in a datafeed that can either be uploaded as a file, or downloaded from a URL, you can then set it to automatically update, which then updates existing posts, or optionally deleting them if they do not exist in an updated datafeed file.

I am working on making it update sections of a post rather than the whole thing, so for example if the price changes, making just update the price.

There is a demo on the site which resets its self every hour so feed free to have a play and see what sorts of things you can do.

I am not sure how others such as Datafeedr work, but I would suspect that they work in much the same way.

Matt

7. mat

mat Well-Known Member

I bought it earlier and have been testing it tonight. Works very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.