Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wordpress footer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking for some help on removing some links in the footer of a wordpress theme.

They are coded in somehow so if you remove them from footer the site doesnt work.

Any help appreciated

Happy to have a look, pm me the url if you don't want to publish it here..

I thought that most themes with an embedded footer like this you have to pay an "upgrade" to remove the links

I thought that most themes with an embedded footer like this you have to pay an "upgrade" to remove the links

Yes, that is usually the case. You run the danger of infringing the designers intellectual property rights otherwise (ie by removing them illegally)

IP notes do apply so read the Theme terms and conditions.

Go to Appearance
Editor
Open the file footer.php on the right hand list
Make the changes you want (delete everything between <a href... and </a>
Save

Some Themes are encrypted so if all you see if garbled characters you cannot edit the HTML, you would have to rewrite the whole file.

Admin

You probably have the answer now but for future reference to any one else if you load the site in a browser and select view source usually can be found in a right click menu.
Copy what you find in the footer section remove any links you don't want then paste the rest of your code in the template footer.php file usually does the trick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom