Discussion in 'Sedo' started by wwwdomain.name, May 25, 2006.
Fantastic looking new pages - WOW!!!
No wonder my CTR has increased. :-D
wow, that's nice aint it, the one I've seen says .com instead of .co.uk though. Looks half decent though don't it. :mrgreen:
Well that didn't last long, gone again.
Looks like it's an upgrade being done on the QT...
Not so QT now though LOL...
Mine probably never changed as it goes, just found a typo of one of my domains haha
Got an example?
As mentioned, we are always working on ways to improve the appearance of your parking pages to appeal to your domains' visitors.
As it stands, our new parking pages have been performing very well with our SedoPro user base. As we continue to develop them, we are looking at integrating some parking pages for everyone--we simply want to ensure high performance on these new pages.
Let us know if you have any suggestions for the development of our parking pages. As the end users, it's most important that you're satisfied with them--from appearance to ensuring high performance.
All the best,
Is it just me, but is it all getting so complicated that unless you have huge amounts of time on your hands then you are never going to be able to use even a fraction of the possible options. I'm now well above 1,000 names and really don't have much more time than to add them on the system and set up initially keywords. I'm sure I could be doing better - however it's hard to know where to start as there is so much information and so many options.
An idiot's guide to getting the best of out a SedoPro account would be very welcome - it's all quite daunting now and I'm not sure many of the features have ever been explained properly. And if some page designs work better than others, then why can't pages simply default them perhaps based on category if there are variations.
This is a very important issue that you've broached, and something that we are obviously weighing. Always the question is how much is too much.
Ideally, what we are going for is providing you with almost complete control. As the professionals of this industry, we understand that there is a need for more control for many people, while others would like to leave it up to the system to ensure that their earnings are high. With the ever increasing amount of information and features, finding a way to make sure that you are not overwhelmed has been key.
Right now SedoPro users have control over most of the elements on the page, but you're right, it is currently manual. Obviously the end goal is to make the whole process more organic, with auto updating pages that conform to the traffic. For the time being though, there are a few pointers that I would like to give to make sure that you are getting the most from your parked domains:
1) Test the new parking pages. Try the pink parking pages for your adult domains and more simple pages (lite and simple parking pages) for consumer goods. This can be found in the SedoPro optimizer.
2) When using a landing page that supports a picture, make sure that there is a category selected for the domain so that a relevant picture comes up. More and more today, visitors are looking for some content when visiting the pages or they will back out or close the browser immediately. Pictures are part of the control you have over this. Category selection can be found in your domain management section.
3) Adjust the related links to fit the content of your page. Using SedoPro, you can specify different keywords in your related links that portal to ads related to each subject chosen. This function can be found in the Domain Configuration section, which is the small pencil icon next to each domain name. We recommend starting with your highest traffic domains first and working down.
4) Use the search terms provided in SedoPro to guide your optimization. Here, you are seeing firsthand what visitors are looking for via the search box on your domains. Variations of these search terms can also be entered into the related links boxes for your domains where you can monitor which keywords are being clicked the most. These functions can be found in the domain configuration page.
5) One very important feature: Check out the traffic origins for (at least) your top traffic domains. For those with a low click through rate, try setting keywords for each geographic region. For example, if 50% of your traffic is from the UK, but 25% is from Germany, then you may not be getting relevant ads in Germany with just your English keyword. Try setting a keyword for your German visitors and testing it using the magnifying glass icon to see which ads are being rendered for these visitors. This function can be found in the domain configuration page.
As mentioned, these are just some quick guidelines. Please contact your SedoPro account manager if you would like to have us do this for you--we are more than happy to help. We are certainly going to look into a guidebook of sorts to assist you, especially as the program continues to evolve.
We want to ensure that everyone is able to make the most of these features and that they are understood. Please let your account manager know if you have any questions or concerns by clicking the email link on the login screen for SedoPro.
All the best,
Separate names with a comma.