Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WP minisite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice idea.
Only thing i could spot was your tag line - "For Charity online". It doesn't read right. What about "A guide to charities online" or something like that.

-Ben

Nice idea.
Only thing i could spot was your tag line - "For Charity online". It doesn't read right. What about "A guide to charities online" or something like that.

-Ben
cheers I put "an online guide to giving"
good to get someone elses eye

in the words of louis, oi loik it. not sure about the red for your adsense though and would centre it imho.

but what else do you think I should add it to?

Build a proper web site with a HTML editor!! Not meaning to be rude but these WordPress sites all look the same, you enter one, you step straight back out again...!! :(

I think the design is nice enough. But it doesn't really have the feel of a charity website to me. They always have images related to what they are supporting (poorly kids, endangered animals etc) but your design just has a brown tree.

I would change the main header so it feels like a charity site and like you are about to help someone/something.

Very nice domain btw :)

Wordpress sites, when using templates and tweaking slightly to try and make your own will look the same.

Word Press is a great tool and when using your own bespoke designs look far from the usual templates on offer.

The admin and constant stream of add-ons, plug-in's and improvements. The next version release will be a big move and improvement to it.

Not to judge too much but you are actually using Charities to gain income, is that wrong? (lots of other subject to go at)

Or do you donate it? Not sure as I can't see no statement....... If so well done!

Also after thought - Is it best to have "a not so good" looking site for a mini site that is only there for Adsense revenue?

Last edited:
Cheers Guys

as a start it off it's has affiliate links as the auto content was out there...

but Iam trying to building a database of UK charitys to populate the site with...(which will be non affiliate)

the current posts will be featured and intertwined with the other content.

I donate to various charity on a regular basis... and have registered dropped names and giving them to charitys in the past of course if the site does make any revenue (it has not yet) then some of that will make it back to my chosen charitys.

I thought the name was good, so wanted to get something up... but in the new year I will develop it more.

Uncle Wilko,

Took a look at your site and glad to read that you will be donating to charity,
If somebody set up a site like this and purely gained from adsense and aff links i would be very annoyed !!!

I am hoping to set up a charity website in the new year but this is to do with a charity i want to set up myself, just got to find out about licensing etc ?

My 3 year old was born with a disease which had the hospital staff not of noticed something wrong, we would have took her home and she would have been dead with in 6 hours

She is fine now ! just a pain in the as* lol

Maybe i could chuck a a link on your site when my site gets going ?

Build a proper web site with a HTML editor!! Not meaning to be rude but these WordPress sites all look the same, you enter one, you step straight back out again...!! :(

I disagree...It's easier and more elegant to use a wordpress theme, and tweak it to your needs than to start from scratch every time.

As everybody keeps saying, it's about the content, not the design!

I doubt anybody would click on a site and think "oh no, I've seen this Wordpress theme before" and leave immediately...It all depends on the content.

If you have the ability to build a site from scratch you have the ability to customise a wordpress theme, plus Wordpress gives you a whole host of other plugins which can help maximise traffic and usability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom