Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

X-Factor Auditions

Discussion in 'General Board' started by rjs_essex, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

What a fun day that was! (can you detect the sarcasm!) :rolleyes:

4 straight hours in torrential rain, soacked to the bone, when we finally got in another 7 hours waiting to be seen...

I didn't get through... Apparently only 5% of people do and thats only the first round... Its all for show, the audition queues, packed stadium etc... Its not until round 3 when you stand in front of the 'real' judges.

I've always known the initial televised auditions were a farce but what bugs me is that after experiencing it, it really is so very blatent. Simon Cowell and the judges getting upset that they haven't seen any talent all day and then all of a sudden one phenominal 'artist' walks in... These people are assessed on 2 seperate occasions by 2 seperate judging teams before they even get that far! Its all for TV! Unpaid extras, thats all we were all day!

Anyway, it was fun in places and interesting to see how it all works! :) At least I can have some fun trying to spot myself in the crowd when it gets aired later this year!

Rich :cool:

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Jeewhizz

Jeewhizz Well-Known Member

My sister went and said pretty much the same as you!

4. mat

mat Well-Known Member

So also all the crap ones you see on tv have got through a few rounds first??

Obviously why most of them think they are really good. The first judges probably tell them they are great and then shove them infront of the real judges in round 3 to get mocked and taken the piss out of on tv :cool:

5. rjs_essex United Kingdom

Thats exactly right... It was obvious that the 'real' judges would never see 100,000 auditionees... they get paid too much! I was number 77107!

In the end it is a talent competition but too begin with its all about making ratings and making money.

Round 1 - You sing in front of a single producer at a huge venue like the o2 arena yesterday.

Round 2 - If you get a yes you get a call back to anohter venue to sing in a room with 2 producers.

Round 3 - The televised auditions with the 'real' judges.

Its not until 'boot camp' that the 'real' talent is used to promote the show. Everything else is designed to give the illusion that its a massive afair.

You even have to wear the same clothes for the first 3 rounds for continuity and to make it appear on TV that it was all done on the same day!

Rich :cool:

6. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

The fact that you didnt guess that was the case astounds me.

Did you think you were meeting Sharon today? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

7. kd_100

kd_100 Member

So people like Onka (the terrible michael jackson impersonator) is set up for disaster. That a bit unfair (for him, but funny for us).

8. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

Of course! Its TV for Chavs! All the half decent ones are pushed through quickly along with half a dozen idiots per show.

Bang them all together, stir in a big pot, wack it out to teenage girls, bored housewives and wallys (and not the gerkin kind)

9. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

It's a good job you've got the domaining to fall back on Rich.

The rubbish singers are by far the best to watch ... I love the early rounds but it gets boring later.

Rgds

10. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

That's why they always look surprsied when they are told they can't sing.

And Simon asks, who told you that you could sing?

Well your last 2 judges for a start!

It's a set up beyond belief, for the first 4 years each judges who starts with 4 acts each, and each got to the final show with 1 act each.

Last year they clamp down on premium phone vote rigging and behold, one judge loses all her acts in the first 4 weeks.

Last year they had what appeared to be a mentally disabled guy in the first round and slaughtered him, it's beyond bad taste now. Plus how can the standard be any better, the people who win this years show will have been turned down in previous years, if they were that good why did they not compete before?

11. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

did you notice that about people being voted off in sequence as well greame,i only watch the first few rounds then it becomes real stagnant,i would rather count blades of grass on my front lawn than watch the final and ant and dec should be took of the television for fraud with all that phone charging.

12. rjs_essex United Kingdom

Of course I knew that I wasn't going to see the 'real' judges before I got there... Its simply good editing and TV techniques that remove your ability to question it... Its all entertainment value.

I'm not that stupid! ;)

At the end of the day, like I said before, its all about ratings and making money... if they chose all the capable auditionees the program wouldn't be particularly dynamic and I probably wouldn't watch the live auditions either because half of the fun is the people that think they're great but in actuality arn't. But like Greame said, it makes it more understandable why some people think they are great because they have got that far and this is what makes it even more of a farce and even more unfair for those bad auditionees that make it to the live shows.

Rich :)

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  13. mat

mat Well-Known Member

As far as I was aware they have nothing to do with any fraud? They are just hosts/actors, the fraud and rigging is done by the producers etc.... or am I missing something?

14. retired_member3

retired_member3 Retired Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  15. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Yeah come on Rich, we'll give you an honest opinion just in case there was a great miscarriage of justice.

Rgds

16. GreyWing

Derren Brown is good because of one thing, his audience is stupid, me included to start with. The guy is a fraud, with cheap editing tricks.

I've been to see him live and he was shocking, his tricks were poor but people kept clapping him.

One time he was reading people's minds in the audience, and he was telling them what day they were born on. This girl stood up and he asked her if she knew what day she was born on? she said no, he said "you were born on a tuesday, check it out" and people started to clap him!

What are you clapping him for, how can he read her mind if she doesn't even know?

http://youtube.com/results?orig_query=derren+brown+gmtv&search_query=derren+brown+explained

--

Back to x factor though, they must edit people's responses out aswell to the question "who told you that you could sing?". Someone must have said "your judges!" That never appears in the show, so they go a lot further than

17. lufc United Kingdom

lufc Active Member

They are exectutive producers on there programmes arn't they?

18. GreyWing

They are in the same way Gordon Brown was the Chancellor when things went well, and the dissapeared like a fart in the wind when they weren't :-D

19. fred United Kingdom

fred Active Member

That means nothing, executive producer is often a vanity title:

20. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

don't get me on the subject of mr brown,he keeps telling people what he has done for the economy,what has he done for the economy?,when he was chancellor he looked good because the world economy was good,now the world economy is bad he his bad simple,you are the weakest link,goodbye

21. aleker

aleker Member

I Think its sad that there are so many TV shows that are trying to feed of what Idol has done.

Some of them are so lame I can't believe they thought people would watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.