Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Your highest Uk exact domain?

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by scottsmith, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member34

retired_member34 Retired Member

Amazing. Out of curiosity, your maps .co.uk site is number 6 on the front page of Google for the above exact search, how many UV do you get per month from Google? If you don't mind me asking.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Nick11380

Nick11380 Active Member

Without trying to derail. It just goes to show that you can rank for a very competitive term with just 2 indexed pages, a ton of outbound links and only a few inbound.

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

A fair few, I believe, but took the counter off the site a while back. It also got over 500 typeins/day back when everything was being counted...

5. retired_member34

Thanks Edwin, just curious. Your open attitude is very refreshing in this industry.

High exact searches and competition are two separate things.

Back on topic, my highest is a miserable 15K. :D

6. Nick11380

Nick11380 Active Member

They are indeed, but Maps.co.uk, the 2 page site with 40 inbound links and 0 SE friendly content ranks above Bing. I'm still very impressed, Google clearly has something that I don't know about that spots quality content. Almost as if it has been manually reviewed.

Sorry.

7. retired_member34

EMD.

Also sorry.

8. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Perhaps part of it is down to monitoring repeat traffic via the Google toolbar? When I still had the analytics in place, there was a good amount of repeat visitors, with some visitors coming to the site 50+ times each. Perhaps they use it as a "stepping stone" to the rest of their browsing - that was certainly my intent when I selected the links to put on it.

9. Nick11380

Nick11380 Active Member

Sounds very possible. I have seen a similarish ranking situation where total visits were 30K/day with 60% returning. However there's really no strong evidence to say Google looks at this. Fwiw I G+'d Danny Sullivan (and actually got a reply) and he seemed to think it was likely to be down to age.

Anyway, apologies again!

I have bitcoins.org.uk (?) currently 1600 exact, soon to be millions! :rolleyes:

10. Frog

Frog Active Member

The number of pages indexed, or outgoing links on them, has nothing to do with how well you rank.

Its all down to the exact match domain... less words in the domain = more of an EMD benefit.

Shame Google are never going to let you outrank them for this phrase though :( There must only be a handful of single word, generic domains that I would say I couldn't rank 1st in Google (down to the EMD benefit of 1 worders), but Maps would be in that list.

11. Silverz United Kingdom

Silverz Active Member

addicting games - 450,000 is my highest, and bought from a guy right here at Acorn :D

12. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

so question is any .uk?

so .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk, yeah?

13. deemee

deemee Member

1,000,000 exact matches

I have www.childrensclothes.co.uk
    the google tool shows 1,000,000 monthly exacts for childrens clothes
    if anyone is interested in buying please contact me
    offers in x,xxx's

edit
    apparently i am using the key word tool wrong so need to update this when i sort this

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  14. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Showing 9,900 for me mate, you maybe looking at broad and worldwide. Otherwise would have been beating down your door with a brown envelope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.