Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Adsense account disabled

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by JuanCarlos, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuanCarlos

JuanCarlos Member

Hi,

My adsense account has been disabled citing 'your account poses a significant risk to advertisers'. Now I haven't done any kind of click fraud etc. but I can see why they might have done this.

I have adsense on many sites but recently put it on a personal blog, that has been getting a bit of traffic, but not much. But on some days it has had a CTR of 130% and paid out around $10. Now all my other site dont even pay that in a week. I suspect that it is friends visiting my blog and just clicking ads repeatedly.

I know there's no chance of being allowed to use adsense again if your guilty, but what are Google like at reinstating accounts of the innocent?

Carl

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would guess not that good, I think you'll find it a struggle.

Rgds

4. golddiggerguy United Kingdom

golddiggerguy Well-Known Member

Best thing to do if anyone else is reading this with similar account activity is to contact Adsense through the site and the contact page of Reporting strange activity.

At least then you've struck first and it will be on your account so might think twice or look into it more before saying your banned.

They ask for your PUB ID, dates / times it happened, reasons for you to suggest the activity and any Stats to back it up with I.P addresses etc.

5. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOL - It wasn't me guvnor, honest - check out this video - is this you?

The BIG MISTAKE New Affiliates Make

Sorry for laughing, I just saw your post & it reminded me of this - I bet Google have never thought of this one before!

6. JuanCarlos

JuanCarlos Member

Haha i do know people who have done that, but I haven't. I (did) have adsense on several sites that got 'normal' CTR etc. So why would i click my own ads 100s of times within a couple of weeks on a personal blog ;) ? To be honest I only looked at adsense/ analytics for it about two days before I got banned, as i had only told a few family/friends, so wouldnt have expected anything.

They replied to my appeal and after 'through consideration' have decided not to reactivate my account.

7. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Your done then, unless you register at someone elses address.

8. JuanCarlos

JuanCarlos Member

Yeah thats what I thought. To be honest i'll probly not bother for the amount it was making. Just a bit annoying when youve done nothing wrong.

9. mat

mat Well-Known Member

That video, haha love it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.