Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

AMA with Helmuts, founder of HostMaria, London Domain Summit, $Maria Coin, & owner of DNForum, Acorn

Hi Helmuts,

Would you still have acquired Acorn if the opportunity to buy DNF presented itself first?

Also, have you considered merging the 2 forums?

Cheers,

DJ

1000000% :) I am an absolute Acorn fanboy :) .. DNF is very cool and important, of course - it is more corporate/long-term. Acorn is a family, isn't it?

And, today, Acorn is much more important to the success of the Summit.. also, posed a possible risk, that (if the owner had a grunch against me) > they could take down the Summit.. DNForum can't do this, and the proof is that my account is restricted at Namepros and I almost can't post ANYTHING there (even can't put a simple Like) - no negative effects on the Summit.

does this help? .. UK DN pros (investors and companies) + Acorn + Summit = strong and growing UK dn scene

Why are you tacitly tolerating homophobic abuse on Ac*rn by appeasing and failing to ban an offending member?

Why are you consistently closing or deleting threads to shut down what you perceive to be contentious conversations?

How long do you think Ac*rn will remain credible and viable when valued and long standing members are leaving due to administrative decisions?

Why are you tacitly tolerating homophobic abuse on Ac*rn by appeasing and failing to ban an offending member?

Why are you consistently closing or deleting threads to shut down what you perceive to be contentious conversations?

How long do you think Ac*rn will remain credible and viable when valued and long standing members are leaving due to administrative decisions?

Good afternoon,

1) We have zero-tolerance policy for harassment and discrimination of any kind. I took the scene off the public stage and we are having a civilised personal chat. Nobody benefits from it, and, of course, I can't discuss specific situations publicly. Is this ok with you? :)

2) Constantly? :) Isn't this an overstatement. Most conversations are removed by the posters themselves, then occasional spam by our admins and moderators.
Acorn's goal is to provide space open and productive discussions. Yes, we may close or remove threads that become excessively negative, off-topic, or violate our simple Acorn rules. It is all about the balance between allowing open conversation and maintaining a professional environment.

3) Acorn is under control, and even more credible as before. Some members have left and some re-joined. Circle of digital life.
+ now we have meetups (you are also invited to attend these), Domain Summit and and a positive relationship with Nominet all contribute to professional UK domain name community.

We agree, Acorn is a professional community. We exist to serve the UK domain name industry and foster connections between like-minded individuals.

I appreciate your participation in the AMA and hope this clarifies our and my position.

Helmuts
proud Acorn member and holder of the bastion

p.s. For daily management questions, please reach out to @Admin. Felix plays a vital role in maintaining the community.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom