Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone tried Goldkey and Namedrive?

Discussion in 'Domain Parking - General' started by clem, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clem

clem Member

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had parked at both Goldkey and Namedrive and could let me know if they have similar revenue figures for your domains? I currently have a small portfolio which attracts a fair amount of traffic. Most of these are parked with Goldkey. Unforunately, I'm having a lot of problems with Goldkey - one of these is that every two weeks or so, they randomly discount a whole domain's clicks for anything up to 3 days claiming they are either "fraudulent" or "from robots". I can prove that the clicks are not fraudulent, and I doubt highly that they are robots creating these clicks. I've used several other domain parking companies and have had no problems, so I suspect it's a load of BS from Goldkey.

I've heard a lot of good things about NameDrive, and I was wondering if someone who has parked with both could let me know whether their PPC is about the same as GK

TIA

- Clem

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. deconstruction United Kingdom

deconstruction Well-Known Member

I have my domains with sedo and namedrive and both are very good.

I diped my toe in goldkey but found sedos revenue higher at the time.

if you are unsure move a handful of names and compare revenues over a month.

Decon'

4. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

I understand that stories of this type appear quiet often perhaps a cynical person might question if there is an attempt by some companies to "try it on". Lets face it the PPc companies are holding the revenue payable if they throw a few punches and withold the revenue who is going to stand up to them?

For a domain holder, the cost any of action for some could be disportionate, they may never have taken legal action before or the global PPC activity may inhibat.

For me suggestion a huge questions:

Are domain holds guilty and must they prove themselves innocent?

It also all nice and well for some domain holders to harp on about getting rid of people that have questionable revenue statistics (its not as if they dont have an interest).

Don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for any one of them, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone hasn't devised something to generate high activity.

I could also type about the quantitative analysis that may be deployed by PPC companies, but, that doesn't fully engineer business policy or even qualify the differing policies / statements that I have read on this forum.

What is also of concern is that some PPC companies dislike and even reject applications of domain holders if they belief the holders use other PPC companies.

To wrap it up, is this the face of PPC?

5. aqls

aqls Well-Known Member

Fraudulent clickers mess it up for all of us olebean.

Anything to stop them is welcome in my view, even if it means slightly less revenue for me at the time.

-aqls-

6. olebean United Kingdom

Anything legal I agree with and not PPC companies using that as an excuse to withold payments, which is a plausible strategy.

If we refer back to clem on the original thread, the full statement from the company is not there nor are they here to discuss the issue, I would welcome their comments.

The terms "robot" or "fraudulent" appears very open to interpretation unless clem can suggest otherwise, I shall assume there was no proof of origin or linkage to clem. Does that mean there is guilt on clems part? I don't think so!

Undoubtably someone will be holding data if I were clem I would request that data. As I said earlier, if clem has been a naughty domain holder I have no simpathy.

I am interested why other domain holders blindly agree with propaganda from PPc companies when the PPC companies seem to provide no data, no evidence no nothing that supports claims that the industry is rife with fraudulent clickers.

If I am wrong and they have provided proof then please let me know..

Not even one legally proven case of click fraud..... I wonder why that is... Not even to use it as a deterent..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  7. clem

clem Member

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for taking away revenue from fraudulent clicks. However, in this case, I had set it up so that natural traffic from my domains actually pointed to one domain (so you would type in a.com and click, and it would show up under stats as b.com). You could check where the clicks were coming from when you analyzed the click terms - you knew that a.com's clicks would show up as description 'a' (or something similar) and b.com would show up as description 'b', so to have whole days 'discounted' as fraudulent (how could they all be fraudulent when there were different terms clicked on ie they came from different domains?) was a huge blow for me as it knocked out *all* my domain revenues rather than just the one domain...yes, perhaps this was a really stupid way of setting this up....but you make to mistakes to learn from them :???:

Secondly, they told me it was Overture who had discounted the clicks - when I actually know that Overture deduct for fraudulent clicks at the END of each month, and they do NOT deduct on a daily basis. When I challenged this, they are now saying that what they said before isn't correct and it's in fact "robots" creating these clicks.

I promise I'm not a difficult customer, it just all sits a bit uneasy with me. I've used sedo and a few others before, and they have always been top-class, however for my domains GK pay out more which is why I'm mainly with them and which is why I was interested to see how NameDrive compared to GK in terms of payout.

Anyway, I'll move a handful of domains at the end of this month and see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies :)

Clem

8. olebean United Kingdom

Clem

From what I have read you don't have an agreement with Overture. Whether or not Overture discounts clicks with the PPC company is not of your concern.

The thing that agitates me is the discounting of 1 days revenue without quantifiable suggestion of how the discount was calculated, the number of links and the relationship..... It is also quiet odd that it all added up to that one days revenue, when it related to numerous previous days clicks!

I am not a betting man but what are the odds on that accuring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.