20i Reseller Hosting

Can Anyone Link to My Blog?

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by accelerator, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeJDS

MikeJDS Active Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. ian

ian Well-Known Member

4. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

That'll learn him..................Props Admin

5. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

You should stay, suck it up and hang around. :D You are really helpful in the appraisal section in particular too...

6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

To Admin

Well, we had a conversation last time about this.

I don't particularly like some of the comments I've been getting from Acorn lately, I could do without them. I don't think any of my posts are that bad, especially not this one, asking if anyone can link to my blog. That is called trying to run a business. My aim is to get my sites seen, and if other webmasters can help me out with that (as some have), then great. If they don't want to, then OK, they can just ignore me.

I have to say I don't get the people complaining about my post creation. If you aren't interested in a post, then just overlook it and move on. It's not like Acorn is a particularly busy forum, I think it needs a lot more posts and has been getting a bit too quiet, that's one of the reasons I post. I mean, a lot of the discussion happening here lately has been on posts I have created, and there's not a lot else going on.

So, the way I look at it is, my posts are helping your forum, especially since you put AdSense on the first post. So, my posts are creating the content for you to run adverts!

When you say you've removed my sig it leaves me in a catch 22 where I can't win. It annoys me that you've decided to remove my sig, when I think I've done nothing wrong; it makes me not want to continue posting, as I feel I don't want to help your forum any more (and I view posting as helping out). However, if I stop or reduce posting I can't prove I was not posting purely for sig reasons, so ... I can't win.

So, maybe I'll just get on with something more constructive or find somewhere else to post. It doesn't really bother me, but it seems a strange way to treat someone who posts regularly on your forum. Oh well.

7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You see this is where you are missing the key point. You can win (if your motives here are genuine and beyond link building). You are basically saying you only win if you have your links. Most people on here don't bother having sig links, yet they find it worthwhile to read, post and use the forum. Be honest with yourself. The only thing you now have to do to continue posting is 'not be annoyed' and this you can do by remembering this fact, any action I've taken is a result of a concensus of feeling from other members. I act in their collective best interests. Are you right about the value of a majority of your posts and everyone else is wrong or is it perhaps that the majority are right and you are wrong. I think that's all that really needs to be said.

8. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

... and just looking at December, my posts in the bar have created 5,607 thread views for you. It does take a little bit of thought to think of a post topic, and hardly anyone else is doing it. So, there you go, 5,607 thread views thanks to me.

I have already proven once that I am not posting for sig reasons the last time you took my sig away. However, in my view, I am not being treated properly here. I don't think I have done anything wrong to warrant any penalty, it is the tone of the comments from some other members that aren't business-like or professional that should be addressed.

9. max99x United Kingdom

max99x Well-Known Member

Sounds a good plan to me

10. spiderspider

spiderspider Active Member

Good decision Admin.

It became apparent to me that these were just for links when the interaction in other threads was next to none existent. For example, take the recent threads about Nominet website and domain price rise. I would say virtually every active member here has posted in these, except Accelerator. For someone who claims in their profile to have 350+ domains, and to not make one comment on these threads is a bit weird IMHO.

Last time I checked the bar it had 18 threads in there, and 11 of these had Accelerator as the thread starter. Almost all of those 11 had a 2 sentence first post, and the content wasn't from accelerator, but from other members.

I like many others post here with no sig. Makes no difference to me. I don't need anything back from the forum.

11. ian

ian Well-Known Member

If you can't understand admins points, then maybe this isn't the place for you, but I suspect you'll find the same on all the main forums, and we know you've been banned from a few already.

I like how you claim you are doing this forum a favour by littering it with link requests. It may generate Adsense but come on, really!

Finding somewhere else to post won't be an issue, just go to moneysavingexpert and spam them as you already do; they are pretty naive so will suit you perfectly for your agenda; those kind of methods don't wash here sorry.

12. murph United Kingdom

murph Well-Known Member

Bloody ell! Funny as some of these replies are, I have to say probably best to leave these threads alone and not reply? Even if they are simply to gain a sig link...

PS Accelerator, if this is your day job, seriously give up with this site. It's very easy to blindly carry on with a losing idea for the pride and effort committed over the years. Every entrepreneur has had these dead end projects, the key is to pull out and crack on with the next!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.